No matter where you work or how far you are on the corporate ladder, there will be times where you are frustrated with your job. You may feel like you are no longer challenged, you have no room for growth, or you may be frustrated with coworkers or colleagues. It happens.
The one benefit of working in marketing is that new roles and opportunities arise frequently, but this doesn’t mean you should quit your job every time you experience some difficulties. Before making a rash decision, think about the benefits and drawbacks of quitting, try to address the issue at hand, and look for a viable solution to stay.
If you still cannot come to a resolution, then perhaps it’s time to look for a new job. Many people face this situation all the time.
Here are some good reasons to start looking for new marketing career opportunities:
1. You’re miserable: Happiness and job satisfaction are two huge components of career success, but if you dread going into work each day and are not getting satisfaction out what you do, then it may be time to look for a new role that you will be passionate about and look forward to.
2. Your pay sucks: We all want to make a decent salary, and if you are making less than the industry average or feel as though you are giving more to the company and not being fairly compensated, it may be time to look elsewhere. Whether it’s lack of wage increases or your pay doesn’t reflect what you do, there are companies that will pay you fairly for your talent.
3. Your talents are underutilized: Are you bored? Are you not being challenged? Has your manager failed to realize that you have outgrown your current role? Have you made it clear that you are ready for a new challenge and want new responsibilities to no avail? Sometimes, you can only go so far with a company before you need to look elsewhere to effectively utilize your skills.
4. You have poor work-life balance: Work is important, but it shouldn’t consume your life. If you are finding that work is negatively impacting your home life and it consumes you all the time with no end in sight, then it may be good for you to look for a company that values work-life balance.
5. Your future with the company is unclear: We all want to know where and how we can grow within our company. When this isn’t clear, or if there is some instability within the organization, it may be best to move on now, so you can be in complete control of your next move.
IQ PARTNERS is an Executive Search & Recruitment firm supporting clients across the country. We help companies hire better, hire less & retain more. We have specialist teams of recruiters in Financial Services & Insurance, Marketing Communications & Media, Emerging Tech & Telecom, Consumer Goods & Retail, B2B & Industrial, Technology, Accounting & Finance, and HR & Operations. IQ PARTNERS has its head office in Toronto and operates internationally via Aravati Global Search Network. Click here to view current job openings and to register with us.
As a part of our Marketing team, Allison specializes in sourcing and recruiting top marketing talent across Canada, with an emphasis on integrated marketing, experiential marketing, and production roles at all levels.