Are you a Business Unit Lead looking for your opportunity to define your role and work for one of the best-known and most respected healthcare brands in the world
Our client is seeking a Business Unit Director, Surgical to join the team. Reporting into the Head of Commercial Operations of Western Europe, Poland and Canada, as the Surgical Business Unit Director you will develop and execute a strategic and comprehensive business plan for Canada, including identifying core customers, your team's strengths and weaknesses as well as your growth opportunities.
You will teach and lead your team to understand sales and marketing execution and respective strategies that drive desired business results, customer loyalty, a high-performance organization and alignment. You will take full responsibility for the region's accurate forecasting (sales, EBITA and supply demand), regular quarterly revenue and EBITA delivery, and facilitation of sales enablement and the implementation of approved annual business plans. You will work with your team to develop annual and long-term business plans, sales and marketing strategies to drive revenue and EBITA growth in the region.
Furthermore, you’ll engage and work closely functional partners, accessing resources within International and U.S Surgical and Corporate to gain alignment and support on specific opportunities, with the goal of building alignment, prioritization and enough capacity to meet customer demands and deliver on our short-term and long-term business objectives.
This is a significant opportunity to lead high profile directives within a well-respected, global brand. Let us know if this is the opportunity for you.
- Develop and implement annual and long-term business plans with comprehensive sales and marketing strategies.
- To achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales and EBITA forecasting accuracy.
- To implement and monitor monthly supply demand forecast accuracy to minimize back orders, obsolescence risk and excessive inventory on-hand.
- Establishes a high-performance organization through the commitment to training, coaching, performance evaluations and resource allocation.
- Always ensures that, sales and marketing programs, marketing materials, T&E and customer engagement activities are handled in accordance with our company compliance policies and procedures. Working with the Canada Compliance Officer, annual training is completed.
- To develop and submit for approval sales compensation plans that drive performance in accordance with the annual plan.
- Sets and establishes quotas and sales targets for respective regional sales managers and reviews and approves sales rep quotas.
- Plans and oversees advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail
- Develops and recommends product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share
- Ensures effective control of marketing results, and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets
- Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions
- Monitors competitor products, sales and marketing activities
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product
- Meets with key clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals
- Coordinates liaison between sales department and other sales related units
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion
- Reviews and analyzes sales performances against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Strategic planning skills: Experience in developing and implementing a clear strategic plan for an organization or business unit.
- Financial planning skills: The ability manage a P&L and to look at the future of the business and making key investments and investment recommendations.
- Interpersonal skills: Able to support the development of a healthy internal culture that retains key employees and encourages their professional development.
- Leadership skills: An effective communicator that has demonstrated experience in leading an entire business unit or division of an organization.
- Track record of attracting and developing talent, and building high performing teams.
- Strong decision-making capabilities and business acumen. Demonstrated strategic thinking ability to balance short and long-term goals
- Strong working knowledge of Health Care preferably in Ophthalmology
- Problem Solving/Analysis. Must be able to manage competing priorities, stay organized and prioritize as needed
- Results Drive
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS or BA) required. Advanced Degree (MBA, MS, etc.) preferred
- 10+ years of sales & relevant business experience, with a mix of experience (understanding payer landscape, drivers & barriers, clinical data and disease state information), and institutional and private selling experience.
- 5+ years prior field management experience in sales or account management strongly preferred.
- Experience in at least one role in a strategic function (e.g. Sales, Marketing, Strategy, Market Research).
- Must be properly licensed and able to safely operate and drive company automobile. Must have a driving record deemed safe.
- Willingness to travel over a broad geography required (approximately 50-60% travel).
- Qualified candidates must reside within the workable geography of region.
- Demonstrated strong cross-functional leadership, and ability to effectively collaborate across teams and functions.
KEY ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS:
- High Performance Behaviors
- Execute with Urgency
- Earn Trust
- Share Accountability
- Benchmark to Improve
- Takes the initiative (one step ahead), perseveres, strong character
- Calculated risk-taker; understands consequences and makes the right calls based on them
- Entrepreneurial, adaptable, flexible
- “Roll up Sleeves” attitude, practical
- Goal-oriented, data based, decisive
- Open minded; seeks “out of the box” solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills. Team player; collaborative
- Externally focused vs. internally focused
- Personal and professional integrity