On behalf of our client, a mid-sized boutique law firm located in the heart of Toronto's financial district, we are currently searching for a skilled Corporate Tax Legal Assistant.
As part of our team, you will work under the guidance of assigned lawyers, offering crucial legal administrative support. Key Responsibilities
Required Skills and Qualities
- Undertaking all assistant duties related to document production, including dictation typing and transcribing from written notes.
- Maintaining established filing systems, including handling BFs (bring-forwards).
- Assisting in file preparation and management.
- Typing and revising contracts and agreements.
- Organizing and assembling document books.
- Familiarizing yourself with files, clients, and key contacts to effectively prioritize incoming calls.
- Collaborating with fellow assistants and lawyers to track file progress.
- Preparing, serving, and filing legal documents.
- Proofreading various documents, such as letters, memos, and more.
- Entering timesheets and coordinating the billing cycle.
- Providing general administrative support to lawyers.
- Arranging travel logistics, including flights and hotel accommodations.
- Fulfilling other necessary duties as required.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Knowledge of various legal precedents and procedures.
- Ability to maintain productivity in a time-sensitive and fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Capability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively in a demanding work setting.
- Proficiency in interpreting instructions and preparing necessary documentation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to facilitate effective interactions with staff and lawyers.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient in proofreading.
- Competence in managing large case files.
- Strong initiative, judgment, and commitment to maintaining confidentiality.
- Dedication to delivering top-notch service to clients and consistently exceeding their expectations.
- Advanced PC skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Strong word processing and overall technical abilities.
- 2-5+ years of experience in a corporate legal assistant role.
- Formal education and training as a Legal Administrative Assistant or Paralegal, considered an asset.
IQ PARTNERS is committed to operating an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process, and we encourage candidates of every race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience to apply for this position. We’d be happy to provide accommodation for any candidate that requires assistance due to a disability or medical need. Please contact us at 416-599-4700 or by email at email@example.com to discuss specific accommodations.