Reporting to the Site Services Manager, the Deputy Manager will lead a multi-disciplinary team to ensure the effective operation of the essential services, accommodations, and building maintenance & repair at the mine site. This role will also ensure the safe and effective operation of the site aerodrome and coordination with airline charter companies on all aspects of transportation logistics. Main Accountabilities
- Acting as the Manager’s designate, the Deputy Manager will assume the overall accountability for the Site Services Department while the Manager is absent from site.
- Manage health and safety to the highest standard as per BIM policies and programs. Provide strong safety leadership in order to improve the safety culture and performance of the department. Ensure quality and timeliness of safety reporting.
- Oversee the flight operations, site roads, maintenance of all site buildings including multiple camps, accommodations & catering services including food provision, and site waste & water management programs along with all associated infrastructure.
- Ensure that department specific training and development plans/programs for all Site Services Staff and Employees are delivered, adequate and satisfy all regulatory requirements.
- Develop and implement strategies and operating plans for the Site Services department, taking into account targets and related actions for improvement in incident prevention, environmental performance, production, quality, costs, and project execution.
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders including Health and Safety, Environment, Training, Human Resources, Planning and Maintenance, Port and Logistics, CI and Reliability, Cost Control and Finance groups to ensure that the business plan is profitable and deliverable. Be a leader in the interdepartmental integration.
- Manage resources and processes to achieve annual objectives. Strategize on 1 to 5-year improvement plan.
- Assist in the development of the department succession plan and conduct regular performance reviews with direct reports.
- In conjunction with the Planning Department and Site Services Superintendents, maintain a strong work management / frontline planning & scheduling process to ensure that the right work is completed at the right time in the right way.
- Improve the overall capacity for continuous improvement within the Site Services department through the development and/or implementation of programs and initiatives while balancing the allocation of resources to optimize business results.
- Manage contracts related to Site Services and Flight Operations.
- Interface with key individuals internal and external to the company on various issues. This may include contractors, communities, government, aboriginal groups, etc.
- Formulate strategic and operational objectives while performing quality controls and monitoring KPIs.
- Oversee annual activities including sealift re-supply, bulk fuel transport and seasonally operated treatment plants.
- Analyze maintenance records to identify trends and risks.
- Produce weekly, monthly and annual summary reports.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technical Subject
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working at a Manager or Deputy Manager capacity within the Mining Industry or similar large scale heavy industrial operations
- SAP experience
- Professional Shift Boss or Supervisor Ticket in Nunavut (or with the capability to register)
IQ PARTNERS is committed to operating an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process, and we encourage candidates of every race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience to apply for this position. We’d be happy to provide accommodation for any candidate that requires assistance due to a disability or medical need. Please contact us at 416-599-4700 or by email at email@example.com to discuss specific accommodations.