First Affiliated Family Office Group is looking to add a key piece to their team to continue providing best in class client service. If you are passionate about the client and the delivery of valuable counsel; this could be a great fit. Delivering holistic wealth, tax and planning solutions is mission critical to providing the trusted advisory expected in a complete family office situation.
In this complex world, it is difficult for even the most financially astute to consider their financial and legal affairs to be optimized and under control. They rely on an array of financial, legal, insurance, investment and estate advisors, but the problem is the “silo effect” where each may provide good counsel, but there is a lack of strategic integration. First Affiliated understands that wealth brings great demands and responsibilities. There is a myriad of time-consuming and complex issues that are often overlooked, misunderstood, or just not managed properly. However, wealth should also bring a sense of freedom and peace of mind. This role’s purpose is to serve as a centralized point of contact that coordinates all the client’s needs within the Office.
First Affiliated is a privately owned Canadian Multi-Family Office. To this day, First Affiliated remains a family-controlled business giving them an intimate perspective of best practices when dealing with family issues around money and relationships. This perspective leads to shared wisdom and service excellence that no large financial institution can match. The results speak for themselves with lasting, trusted and mutually supportive client relationships.
First Affiliated spearheaded the development of the independent Multi-Family Office (MFO) in Canada with their Family Office Solution, and innovative approach towards integrated wealth, lifestyle and legacy management. They continue to innovate today, modeling best practices and family education through The Family Treasury™ and facilitating philanthropic initiatives through the First Affiliated Foundation.
Their leadership and innovation was recognized when The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) voted First Affiliated one of the four top Family Offices worldwide. They were also the proud recipients of the Canadian Association of Family Enterprise (CAFÉ) Family Business of the Year Award – Georgian Bay Chapter.
- Support Family Office Director with high level client tasks (e.g. accounting, investments, banking, tax structures)
- Understanding of and involvement with all aspects of Family Office Client initiatives and Client experience
- Strategic implementation of high net worth clients’ strategic financial plans while working in concert with the family’s professional advisors
- Provide high level tax expertise to team, and provide oversight to ensure Client tax strategies (personal and corporate) are optimized and implemented effectively
- Ability to effectively explain tax concepts to non-tax professionals
- Lead FA Client Service Team through timely, accurate and complete preparation of Personal, Corporate and Trust tax packages allowing Accountants to efficiently prepare the returns
- Provide strategic oversight for ongoing Client accounting of Individual, Corporate and Family Trust financials (e.g. journal entries, statements, resolutions / value reports) – ensure content is reconciled on a timely basis
- Client-centred problem solving that requires a higher level of technical ability and experience.
- Attend client meetings to identify and maximize opportunities and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Work with FA Team to proactively manage ongoing client tasks ensuring tasks are completed and on time.
- Represent FA professionally, and maintain high level of quality control for all client services and communications
- Strong leadership with proven experience in mentoring and developing staff
- CPA qualification (strong preference for CPA, CA's)
- CPA, CFA, RFP, CFP, TEP, Tax Specialist (Canada & US), or Lawyer designation
- Must have strong experience in Canadian corporate, personal & trust taxation
- Exposure to U.S. corporate and personal tax is a very strong asset
- Minimum 5+ years of experience working in high net worth financial planning, accounting, taxation, estate planning
- Minimum 5 years of relevant tax experience
- Completion in CICA/CPA In-Depth Tax Course is considered a strong asset
- Working knowledge of investment strategy and investment accounting principles
- Exceptional communication, organization, and project management skills
- Strong client orientation, people skills and management
- Proven track record of unwavering ethics and professionalism
- Work under pressure in fast paced environment
- Effectively manage heavy workload, high volume of email, constant multi-tasking, and re-prioritization
- Thrive in an environment that is ever changing
- Confidently respond to complex situations with quick decision making and problem-solving skills
- Think strategically and technically
- Embrace working in a non-hierarchical / “ego-free” culture
- Work as a collaborative, versatile team player with the commitment to “do whatever it takes”
- Learn, develop, take initiative, and adopt the “ownership mindset” required to flourish in an independent, entrepreneurial organization
- You have a natural ability to collaborate while thriving in a dynamic, fast-paced, and highly fluid environment.
- You understand the importance of the client and provide consultative care with integrity and class.
- You think big picture and have demonstrated ability to execute.
- You are willing to adapt as situations change.
- You hustle and can’t imagine leaving for tomorrow what could be done today.
- You are entrepreneurial in spirit and can navigate a consultative business relationship.
IQ PARTNERS is committed to operating an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process, and we encourage candidates of every race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience to apply for this position. We’d be happy to provide accommodation for any candidate that requires assistance due to a disability or medical need. Please contact us at 416-599-4700 or by email at email@example.com to discuss specific accommodations.