Our client, Habitat for Humanity Canada, is a national charitable organization working toward a world where everyone has a decent and affordable place to call home. They bring communities together to help families build strength, stability and independence through affordable homeownership and other housing solutions across Canada and around the world.
Reporting to the Vice President, Finance and working collaboratively with the Executive Leadership Team, this new role within Habitat for Humanity Canada (HFHC) will lead their people and culture initiatives, ensuring they align with their core values. This strategic and results-driven individual will work with the team at HFHC and at their local affiliates, as relevant, to identify, develop and implement key people programs including talent acquisition and management, employee relations, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) initiatives, performance management, leadership development and training, compensation and benefits programs, succession planning and compliance.
As a valued member of their team, the Director, HR will help advance our strategy and mission of helping more families secure safe and affordable homes through:
- Developing HR strategy and initiatives that align with and advance HFHC’s organizational vision and strategy
- Supporting HFHC’s senior leadership team, as a subject matter expert, in developing and executing programs in all areas that impact people and culture
- Leading, supporting and promoting DE&I initiatives and the integration of DE&I values throughout HFHC’s programs and culture
- Managing our compensation and benefits programs, ensuring effective communication of HFHC’s plans, benefit renewals, job evaluations, and salary planning
- Leading and managing HFHC’s annual performance evaluation program
- Continually improving HFHC’s talent acquisition program, leveraging opportunities to further diversify our team
- Developing a strong and effective onboarding program that assists in both retaining talent and helping new employees contribute quickly
- Leading the identification, development, and delivery of core learning programs (external and in-house)
- Developing strategies to build internal capability and capacity, including identifying staff potential and succession plans/opportunities
- Developing leadership development program for new and emerging leaders
- Provides expertise, advice and coaching to HR and Leaders related to building positive employee experience and organizational culture, ensuring all decisions and advice consider the diversity of employees, identify, and eliminate systemic barriers and create equity and inclusion for all employees.
- Evaluating, planning, and delivering an effective HRIS for HFHC, one that streamlines HR programs and processes and aligns with current payroll system
- Ensuring policies and procedures comply with relevant legislation across Canada and drives a continuous improvement mindset and practice
- Identifying and managing any relevant risks associated with HR programs
- Identifying opportunities to share, inform and collaborate with local affiliate HR leaders
The Director, Human Resources will have one direct report (Human Resources Administrator) but will work extensively with and leverage the resources of the HFHC team and affiliate stakeholders.
IQ PARTNERS is committed to operating an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process, and we encourage candidates of every race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience to apply for this position. We’d be happy to provide accommodation for any candidate that requires assistance due to a disability or medical need. Please contact us at 416-599-4700 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss specific accommodations.