Are you a sophisticated advertising professional looking for an exciting new challenge to reconnect Canada’s most loved brand with Canadian consumers?
Our client, an iconic Canadian retail-based brand, has undergone a significant evolution. Walls have been torn down. Transparency is celebrated. Core values, business objectives and performance metrics are visible to everyone. And everyone is aligned to a common goal. And advancement is by merit, not tenure.
The marketing team is also undergoing an evolution to bring the brand to the future while keeping the values and heart of this beloved Canadian institution.
As part of this transformation, we’re hiring a new Director, Marketing. Reporting directly to the VP Integrated Marketing Communications; this position will play a critical role interfacing with and working across the marketing organization and with agency partners to lead the development, integration and seamless execution of world-class mass integrated creative campaigns for the English Canada and French Canada markets.
Coming from a combined background of agency and client-side experience, this role will see you use your strong project management and prioritization aptitude and your exceptional people skills to ensure programs are executed with excellence and are consistent with the brand positioning. Campaigns will range in size and scope from regional promotions to national unified brand programs and will involve working closely with the brand and integrated communication teams as well as other key stakeholders.
Your ability to operate strategically and confidently at senior levels while ensuring attention to minute details will be what differentiates you. If you are a critical thinker, who is constantly pushing the envelope to build marketing communications campaigns that connect with Canadians; and you bring a solid understanding of retail metabolism, then we want to hear from you!
- Work with insights team to position brand to maintain clear and sustainable differentiation among our guests
- Manage overall brand communications in partnership with internal teams to ensure brand alignment
- Work with cross functional teams to develop strategy to evolve the brand, launch new products and optimizing guest experience
- Work with category leaders to define creative brief and messaging for each program ensuring consistency with overall brand positioning & guest experience
- Oversee the execution of all integrated mass campaign activities planned for the marketing calendar including Digital, TV, Out-Of-Home, Print, and Radio
- Partner with in-restaurant lead to develop integrated marketing campaigns and Point-Of-Purchase.
- Bring the brand positioning and strategy to life to evolve one of Canada’s most iconic brands
- Working with the Media Lead on key negotiations points to optimize media buy and creative solutions
- Work with cross functional partners to understand campaign results to inform future campaigns
- Conduct yearly ROI analysis (with Parthenon)
- Manage day to day allocation with calendar team
- Actively work with agencies and internal partners to foster environment that delivers best possible creative and media product and ensures standard processes are optimized to support this
- Lead strategy and execution to creative breakthrough creative and award winning campaigns
- Manage brand standards and ensure they’re met throughout design, production and implementation phases
- Manage relationships with outside vendors and ensures the work meets schedule, quality and budgetary requirements
- Work with legal department & industry governing bodies to ensure compliance
- Manage advertising standard costs budgets
- Manage a team of highly motivated marketing professionals to develop world class campaigns, allocating projects as appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree in business/marketing, MBA preferred
- 5-7 years of progressively increasing responsibility in a related field
- Ideal experience is both agency side or client side working on a high volume, fast pace retail business (food, food service, retail, , , etc.)
- Deep experience in planning, development and execution of mass advertising programs
- Demonstrated ability to translate market research into improved marketing communications insights
- Strong writing skills, experience drafting plans, recommendations, briefs, etc.
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to motivate and inspire teams
- Flexibility to prioritize & manage multiple projects and changing expectations
- Bilingualism (French & English) would be considered an asset
Key Attributes for Success:
The following values are recognized as being core to success within RBI companies: