The Financial Planner holds both a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation and is licensed or has the ability to become licensed to sell Life Insurance. The planner provides advice on investment, retirement and estate planning, direct sales of investment and insurance products and ongoing service to members on a full range of financial products. Proactively manages a portfolio of members to increase business, retain current business, and improve the business' share of wallet. The Financial Planner is responsible for the maintenance of a positive public reputation and brand.
• Holds a mutual fund and life insurance licence
• Holds CFP designation or industry equivalent.
• Proactively develops, retains, grows and manages a portfolio of member relationships including assessing and anticipating individual needs to maximize the relationship by developing a portfolio and contact management plan, and by conducting regular portfolio reviews with the member.
• Analyzes member needs and assists members to utilize the product or service which best meets those needs by outlining benefits and alternatives and advising on the best match.
• Sells investments and insurance product solutions
• Refers credit union deposit services to members and makes referrals to other business units whenever appropriate.
• Proactively seeks opportunities to attract new business to the organization.
• Participates as an active member of the retail branch team.
• Fosters relationship building through service excellence and product knowledge.
• May supervise a Financial Planning Assistant.
• Maintains confidentiality.
• Participates in Branch CR2 initiatives.
Education and Training:
• Secondary School Diploma required.
• Completion of credit union CUSOURCE and/or CU Training courses related to this position is an asset.
• Completion of Sales Training is required.
• Mutual Fund and/or Life Insurance License or ability to obtain is required.
• Certified Financial Planner designation or ability to obtain is required.
• IIROC licence or ability to obtain
• Previous sales and customer service experience is preferred or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Minimum one year previous financial services experience is required.
• Previous community volunteer experience required.
• Demonstrated relationship building skills
• Professional team player.
• Demonstrated ability to gather investment business with strong sales acumen.
• Proactive, self-motivated with a positive focus.
• Excellent written and verbal communicator with strong presentation skills required.
• Maintains strong technical knowledge.
• Working knowledge, skills and experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
• Has the ability to build trust.
• Ability to prioritize and organize work within time constraints, under pressure and competing priorities.
• Ability to communicate and liaise professionally with all members, potential customers and co-workers while maintaining confidentiality.