Our client is seeking an HR Generalist to join their organization and support their customer service driven workforce. As the HR Generalist, you will play a supportive role in creating and implementing HR strategies, promoting employee engagement, and ensuring compliance with labor laws and collective bargaining agreements.Responsibilities:
- Support the development and implementation of HR strategies and initiatives that align with the organization's objectives and foster a positive work environment.
- Proactively manage employee relations, providing guidance and support to address the unique challenges and stressors faced by call center agents and public safety personnel.
- Ensure compliance with collective bargaining agreements (CBAs) and work closely with the union to address any grievances, disputes, or contract interpretation issues that may arise.
- Participate in contract negotiations, providing guidance to the organization's bargaining team to achieve favorable outcomes that align with business objectives and maintain harmonious labor relations.
- Ensure fair and consistent application of HR policies, practices, and procedures across the unionized workforce, while balancing the requirements of CBAs and labor laws.
- Implement performance management systems to support employee development, goal setting, and performance evaluation.
- Administer compensation and benefits programs, ensuring compliance with legal requirements and industry standards.
- Stay updated on labor laws and regulations and ensure HR policies and practices are in compliance.
- Maintain accurate HR records and documentation, including personnel files, employment contracts, and HR-related reports.
- Collaborate with management to identify and address workforce planning needs, including succession planning and talent management.
- Analyze HR data and metrics to identify trends, make recommendations, and develop strategies to improve HR programs and processes.
- Participate in the development and implementation of employee engagement initiatives and promote a positive organizational culture.
- Manage relationships with external HR service providers, such as benefits administrators, recruiters, and training vendors.
- Encourage a positive, diverse, and inclusive work and learning environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, or a related field is considered an asset
- Graduate of an HR Management program is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant and hands-on HR experience is required
- A relevant designation (e.g., CHRP, CHRL) or the ability to obtain certification within a one-year period.
- Experience in a unionized environment is considered an asset
- Knowledge of labor laws, regulations, and collective bargaining agreements.
- An understanding of employee relations, performance management, and HR best practices.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Confidence in HR software and systems.
The client is an equal opportunity employer with an Employment Equity Policy and Procedure in place for Designated Groups such as: Women, Aboriginal Peoples, and Persons with disabilities and Members of racially visible groups. We thank all those who submit their resumes, and we will only contact those candidates who best fit the requirements of the position.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plans, and paid time off.
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact and support public safety and emergency services personnel.
- Collaborative and supportive work environment.
IQ PARTNERS is committed to operating an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process, and we encourage candidates of every race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience to apply for this position. We’d be happy to provide accommodation for any candidate that requires assistance due to a disability or medical need. Please contact us at 416-599-4700 or by email at email@example.com to discuss specific accommodations.