Although COVID-19 has changed the way we operate internally, we continue to deliver best-in-class
Find out how we are supporting both clients and candidates at this time.
IQ PARTNERS Inc. is currently looking to hire a Human Resources Specialist for our Financial Services client in downtown Toronto for an exciting Full-time permanent job opportunity in which you will work closely with the Vice President, HR in a true generalist fashion to provide support for key areas of Human Resources including recruitment and selection, performance management employee relations, policy development and benefits and administration.
Compensation: Base salary range of 60k-75k + discretionary bonus + benefits + pension + 3 weeks vacation
· Managing the recruiting and selection, on-boarding and promotion processes, including but not limited to developing job descriptions, internal and external job postings, interviewing, conducting reference checks, drafting employment agreements and contracts, and facilitating background checks.
· Processing group benefit plan enrollments and changes.
· Providing guidance, counseling and direction to associates and management on human resources guidelines, policies, programs, corporate benefits and legislative compliance requirements.
· Assisting in the ongoing review and maintenance of the human resources guidelines and other corporate policies to ensure accuracy, upholding of best practices and adherence to compliance.
· Taking responsibility for the activities and reporting related to local compliance requirements, including, but not limited to, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”) and Health and Safety.
· Assisting in development and implementation of organizational development strategies including organizational culture, team building, organizational change, associate motivation and performance, associate training and development, conflict management, workplace investigations, diversity management, work environment and wellness initiatives.
· Assisting in the off-boarding process, including conducting exit interviews.
· Assisting the Payroll Specialist with the preparation and distribution of the pension plan statements.
· Assisting in the maintenance of accurate associate files and records; and
· Carrying out other Human Resources projects and functions as assigned.
· Post-secondary education in Human Resources
· Minimum of 3-7 years working experience as a Human Resources generalist
· Ability to establish credibility and influence as a Human Resources resource
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills in order to juggle multiple priorities effectively, among multiple business units
· Detail oriented with a penchant for accuracy
· Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner
· Strong consultative, negotiation, conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
· Professional and customer centric attitude
· Experience with, and knowledge of, the Employment Standards Act, 2000, the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Accommodations are available on request for any candidates that require an accommodation due to a disability or a medical need. Please contact us at 416-599-4700 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss specific accommodations.