Our client is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Immigration Lawyer to join their team in Montreal. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent research and writing skills, keen attention to detail, superior organizational skills, and the ability to work efficiently in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
The role encompasses most aspects of Canadian immigration law, with an emphasis on work permit applications.Responsibilities:
- Advise clientele on a broad range of Canadian immigration issues, including strategic planning and related cross border legal services
- Manage varied volume of temporary and permanent residence applications for corporate and individual clients, including defining case strategy and preparing, submitting, and monitoring applications post-submission
- Advise clients on COVID-19 related travel restrictions and quarantine requirements, and prepare applications for applicable exemptions (including for specialized technicians, essential workers and national interest exemptions)
- Research and stay informed on all relevant legal and procedural requirements and new developments
- 3+ years of Canadian immigration legal experience in corporate immigration, including experience preparing and managing the following:
- Work permits (Intra-company transfer, NAFTA, FTA, Reciprocity, Significant Benefit, LMIA), business visitor entry, visitor visas, study permits, and temporary resident
- Permanent residence applications, including Express Entry, PNPs and Family Sponsorship, as well as citizenship applications (grants and proof)
IQ PARTNERS is committed to operating an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process, and we encourage candidates of every race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience to apply for this position. We’d be happy to provide accommodation for any candidate that requires assistance due to a disability or medical need. Please contact us at 416-599-4700 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss specific accommodations.