The Plant Manager is responsible for general management and administration of all phases of plant operations including: safety, quality, purchasing, manufacturing, maintenance, receiving, and shipping. Responsibilities also include recruiting, hiring and training personnel and facility/physical plant up-keep as well as capital improvements. In addition, the Plant Manager will be responsible for annual budget planning and execution.
· Responsible for meeting facility’s Safety, Quality, Cost & Delivery objectives.
· Promote, educate and instill a culture of waste identification and waste elimination utilizing Lean Manufacturing methods and the principle of Continuous Improvement.
· Manage the entire manufacturing process to achieve performance excellence.
· Administration of budgets (including, capital expenditures).
· Constructively lead teams and all departments using company endorsed project management techniques along with Lean Manufacturing principles.
· Drive performance excellence and embrace the role of 'change agent.'
· Build and maintain effective relationships with the union workforce and leaders.
· Meet regularly with department Managers to facilitate solutions.
· Lead the development and implementation of appropriate KPIs for plant operations.
· Enhance and develop effective policies, procedures and systems to meet the goals of the plant.
· Promote and assure a culture of adherence to company policies, procedures and Continuous Improvement.
· A degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Business Administration or equivalent;
· 10+ years of facility management and P&L experience managing high volume-low mix and low volume-high mix production processes;
· Experience managing multi-site operations, preferred.
· Demonstrated track record of leading operational excellence in a manufacturing and plant assembly environment;
· Expert level understanding of Lean Manufacturing concepts as used in production/manufacturing environment;
· Experience managing a unionized workforce;
· Strong business and financial acumen;
· Experience leading Lean Manufacturing & Supply Chain practices;
· High degree of independence and strong communication, judgement, time management skills, and exceptional leadership skills.