IQ PARTNERS Inc. is currently looking to hire a Product Specialist for our “A” rated insurance client in North York for an exciting Full-time permanent job opportunity in which will assist the Product Manager with the analysis and development of new products and partnerships that meet business and market needs.
You will ensure product/business reports are up to date, analyzed and communicated corporately. In addition, the Product Analyst will assist in the ongoing review of current in-market products for company business partners and make adjustments as needed to ensure continued and long-term market success that contributes to profitability and growth. The Product Analyst will ideally have a solid technical background to work with and support project managers when required.
Compensation: Competitive base salary + target bonus + additional perks
· Assist and/or lead product design, development and management initiatives from product specifications to marketing and sales strategy, contracts, regulations, RFI/RFP, and deployment of new products.
· Engage all necessary internal and external partners/stakeholders to define scope, scots, timelines for updating existing products and/or implementing new products to ensure alignment.
· Assist in all business and operational partner development initiatives to assist Product Development and Sales Departments and further develop capabilities in program implementation, marketing strategy, contracts, sales strategy and assistance, RFI/RFP processes, etc.
· Manage all related reporting for each partner and product, preparing and distributing product performance reports to customers and ensure any performance issues are identified and addressed in a timely manner.
· As part of the product management function, lead ongoing in-market product reviews and recommend changes as needed to ensure continued success. Product management initiatives as project manager of team that includes actuarial, legal, and operations.
· Implement existing product updates to meet the client needs and assist with the deployment of new products.
· Lead market and competitive research for new and existing products, producing a quarterly Product Market Review. Identify product marketing ideas and opportunities based on industry trends, current market environment and competitive trends.
· Contribute product level expertise for business cases, RFPs and proposals.
· Work with all internal and external marketing partners (e.g., TPMs, TPAs, Securian, etc.) to develop the consumer marketing/go to market plan.
· Facilitate changes to product portfolio to improve competitive position and optimal product performance.
· University Degree or equivalent business experience
· Strong project management, marketing and related operations skills
· Strong technical skills (ability to work with Business analyst to define business needs)
· Strong planning and organizing skills
· Strong PC skills with various software applications, i.e., Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.)
· Effective communication and interpersonal skills
· Able to work in a stressful and highly demanding environment
· Ability to multi-task and work with a diverse group of people
· Knowledge of insurance principles and practices to solve problems; Life license would be an asset. LLQP (Life License Qualification Program)
Accommodations are available on request for any candidates that require an accommodation due to a disability or a medical need. Please contact us at 416-599-4700 or by email at email@example.com to discuss specific accommodations.