Everything gets better when you get active.
Our client, ParticipACTION, is Canada’s premier physical activity brand, helping Canadians be less sedentary and move more through innovative engagement initiatives and thought leadership. Originally established in 1971, ParticipACTION was relaunched in 2007 to help address the inactivity crisis in Canada and now in its 51st year, we’ve rejuvenated the brand and sparked a national movement that rallies Canadians to make physical activity a vital part of everyday life in Canada.
As a national not-for-profit organization, ParticipACTION works with its partners, which include sport, physical activity, recreation organizations, government and corporate sponsors. ParticipACTION engages Canadians through relevant and compelling initiatives that support and encourage them to be active, and as a thought leader, it is the informed opinion leader and the go-to source in the Canadian field of physical activity and sport participation.
Reports To: Sr. Director of Projects and Stakeholder Relations
Location: Hybrid In-Office and Remote Work Model (Toronto, Ontario)
ParticipACTION is in search of a passionate, organized and collaborative Project Lead to join the Stakeholder Relations and Projects team. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Projects and Stakeholder Relations, the Projects Lead manages a portfolio of projects, responsible for all aspects of the planning and execution of a variety of initiatives. The Projects Lead manages relationships with a variety of key stakeholders and provides leadership and guidance to project implementation teams to ensure project objectives are met and deliverables are completed within budget and timelines. The ideal candidate has superior project management and relationship building skills, and is deadline driven.
- Flexible work hours and summer hours
- Option to complete your work week in 4.5 days and 4 days in the summer months
- Physical activity and wellness allowance
- 2 weeks annually work-from-anywhere policy
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Hybrid work model
- Leads the project planning process including the development of project plans, key milestones, implementation schedules, financial accountabilities, and resource allocations.
- Leads the delivery and implementation of the project ensuring it is on time and on budget and is accountable for building, updating, and driving the project timelines, and other key project deliverables to achieve business objectives
- Plan and lead project team meetings, including the coordination of logistics, preparation and circulation of relevant materials and liaising with and supporting the implementation team members as needed
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders and partners as well as externally with partners, associations, organizations
- Manages suppliers and other vendors; develops and fosters relationships, develops SOWs and manages deliverables accordingly
- Oversee the development, design, production and distribution of project specific materials and digital assets
- Supports the development and tracking of project targets and evaluation plan
- Supports funder and/or key stakeholder updates and reports, presentations and other materials as required and provides progress reports for the leadership team.
- Provide support and seek input from partner organizations as necessary which could include leading project-specific advisory committees
- Represent the interests of ParticipACTION to various stakeholders at conferences, summits, meetings, and events and showcase ParticipACTION project activities and outcomes
- Investigating, exploring, and identifying opportunities to collaborate with new partners and future opportunities to continue collaborating with existing partners
- Provides coordination and other support as assigned to the Sr. Director of Projects and Stakeholder Relations and the Project Manager
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years of experience in the planning and execution of projects, programs, events, and leading meetings/work teams is required
- Post-secondary education in Project Management, Physical and Health Education / Promotion, Sport Marketing / Administration, Health Sciences, business, or related discipline.
- Experience leading team meetings and providing guidance and support to team members
- Possesses sound judgement and is a creative problem solver
- Knowledge of the health and physical activity sector is an asset
- Has experience with developing and managing budgets
- Has effective project management skills and is able to multi-task
- Proficient in MS Office programs
- Working knowledge of Asana is considered an asset
- Has strong written, oral communication, presentation, and reporting skills
- Understands project evaluation including target setting
- Ability to manage key relationships with internal and external partners
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Formal project management training or certification preferred
ParticipACTION is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
At ParticipACTION, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
IQ PARTNERS is committed to operating an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process, and we encourage candidates of every race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience to apply for this position. We’d be happy to provide accommodation for any candidate that requires assistance due to a disability or medical need. Please contact us at 416-599-4700 or by email at email@example.com to discuss specific accommodations.