IQ PARTNERS Inc. is currently looking to hire a Residential Mortgage Underwriter for our financial client in downtown Vancouver, B.C. for an exciting Full-time permanent job opportunity in which you will provide underwriting expertise and services on behalf of other financial institutions to the Canadian Mortgage Broker channel.
The Third party Residential Underwriting Division provides underwriting expertise and services on behalf of other financial institutions to the Canadian Mortgage Broker channel.
The Residential Mortgage Underwriter is responsible for rendering credit decisions on incoming applications within their authorized limits and with adherence to company and insurer policies and guidelines while focusing on service excellence. The Underwriter has responsibility for applying due diligence when reviewing required documentation to ensure accuracy and to protect the Company from risk.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Establishes and maintains positive relationships with mortgage brokers to build loyalty to the Company
· Maintains positive relationships with external partners such as mortgage insurers, appraisers, title insurance companies, and solicitors
· Adjudicates mortgage applications within established authority limits while ensuring adherence to policies and guidelines
· Interacts with Mortgage Insurers where applicable to complete credit lending decisions
· Ensures due diligence has been completed prior to signing off on any mortgage conditions or documents, where applicable
· Prepares and issues mortgage commitments with appropriate conditions within established service level agreements/turnaround times
· Prioritizes applications and workflow to ensure consistent and sound risk assessments are maintained while managing high volumes and a continued focus on service excellence
· Stays current with latest industry knowledge, competition, and market trends
Skills and Attributes:
· Completed post-secondary education or equivalent work experience required
· Minimum 2 years previous mortgage underwriting experience required
· Completion of Mortgage Agent Course and/or FSCO License an asset
· Working knowledge of PC software in a Windows environment required
Apply today for the Residential Mortgage Underwriter role!
Accommodations are available on request for any candidates that require an accommodation due to a disability or a medical need. Please contact us at 416-599-4700 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss specific accommodations.