Our client, Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP, is one of Canada’s leading business law firms. Advising many of Canada’s corporate leaders, as well as U.S. and international parties with extensive interest in Canada, our more than 1,000 firm members are based in offices in Toronto, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Calgary and New York.
The Senior Manager, Marketing & Communications is a key position in the firm working closely with lawyers and senior marketing and business development staff to develop and execute the overall firm marketing strategy. We are seeking an experienced people leader who can act as a coach and mentor to marketing staff and who will inspire, motivate, and challenge our client’s high-performance team. This position reports to the Chief, Marketing & Communications.
- Lead a team of nine marketing and communications professionals in Toronto and work collaboratively with marketing and business development staff across the firm
- Develop and execute strategic marketing and communication strategies that generate leads, build brand awareness and drive client engagement
- Lead firmwide website development and content management strategies for our various websites
- Lead the design and production of key thought leadership publications and studies including graphic design, website design, translation, and execution of the marketing and comms strategy
- Develop, execute, and measure our digital thought leadership across our digital assets – website, blogs, social media, podcasts, webinars, video, digital advertising, eMarketing
- Work with internal and external designers to bring creative ideas to life including webpages, brochures, presentations, and other promotional activities
- Work with external agencies to design print and online advertising and negotiate media buys and associated contracts
- Work closely with Client Development Directors to understand industry, office and client relationship goals and objectives and recommend the best marketing and communication strategies to meet those goals
- Prepare annual marketing plans and budgets. Management of budget throughout the year
- Project manage select projects for the department. Apply and institutionalize project management principles to department projects
- Continuous improvement and development of processes and workflow to drive efficiency
Education and Experience
The position requires an MBA or bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field, with a minimum of 10 years relevant experience, preferably in a professional services organization. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be acceptable.
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Adwords, CRM systems (Salesforce), social media platforms, and eMarketing/CMS platforms
- Able to create a positive, collaborative work environment
- Able to balance many priorities, and various stakeholder demands
- Experience leading, coaching, and mentoring a team of marketing professionals
- Experience developing multichannel brand and marketing campaigns
- Demonstrated previous experience in website planning and development and user experience
- Experience in media relations, corporate communications and executive communications
- Experience leading external agencies/vendors to consistently and effectively deliver outstanding strategies and creative
- French an asset
To protect the health and safety of firm members and visitors and to comply with the recommendations of public health authorities, employment at Osler will be conditional on the candidate submitting evidence of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
They are currently working in a hybrid work arrangement, with a requirement to work partially in the office and an opportunity to work remote.
IQ PARTNERS is committed to operating an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process, and we encourage candidates of every race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience to apply for this position. We’d be happy to provide accommodation for any candidate that requires assistance due to a disability or medical need. Please contact us at 416-599-4700 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss specific accommodations.