Are you a sophisticated marketer looking for an exciting new challenge to reconnect one of Canada’s most loved brands with Canadian consumers?
Our client, an iconic Canadian retail-based brand, has undergone a significant evolution. Walls have been torn down. Transparency is celebrated. Core values, business objectives and performance metrics are visible to everyone. And everyone is aligned to a common goal. And advancement is by merit, not tenure.
The marketing team is also undergoing an evolution to bring the brand to the future while keeping the values and heart of this beloved Canadian institution.
As part of this transformation, we’re hiring a new Senior Marketing Manager. Reporting directly to the VP, Brand Marketing; this position will play a critical role interfacing with and working across the marketing organization and with agency partners to lead the development, integration and seamless execution of world-class online and offline creative campaigns for the English Canada and French Canada markets.
Coming from a combined background of agency and client-side experience, this role will see you use your strong project management and prioritization aptitude and your exceptional people skills to ensure programs are executed with excellence and are consistent with the brand positioning. Campaigns will range in size and scope from regional promotions to national unified brand programs and will involve working closely with the brand and integrated communication teams as well as other key stakeholders.
Your ability to operate strategically and confidently at senior levels while ensuring attention to minute details will be what differentiates you. If you are a critical thinker, who is constantly pushing the envelope to build marketing communications campaigns that connect with Canadians; and you bring a solid understanding of retail metabolism, then we want to hear from you!
- Work with category leaders to define creative brief and messaging for each program ensuring consistency w overall brand positioning & guest experience
- Oversee the execution of all online & offline Marketing Communications-related activities planned for the marketing calendar including TV, Out-Of-Home, Print, Radio and Point-Of-Purchase
- Develop TV advertising based on calendar briefing and brand positioning (national and local market test)
- Develop radio spots for national and local campaigns
- Plan and Develop merchandising material to support calendar needs (national and local)
- Develop digital campaigns
- Develop digital creative content
- Manage website content
- Manage digital platforms (Twitter, Instagram and Facebook)
- Plan/buy all media for (National and Local IS: TV, digital, radio)
- Understand competitor’s media buy
- Conduct yearly ROI analysis (with Parthenon)
- Develop optimal media plan / budget to deliver calendar goals
- Initiate process & work with media agency on key negotiations points
- Manage day to day allocation with calendar team
- Actively work with agencies and internal partners to foster environment that delivers best possible creative and media product and ensures standard processes are optimized to support this
- Manage brand standards and ensures they’re met throughout design, production and implementation phases
- Manage relationships with outside vendors and ensures the work meets schedule, quality and budgetary requirements
- Work w. legal department & industry governing bodies to ensure compliance
- Manage advertising standard costs budgets
- Manage day to day team, allocating projects as appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree in business/marketing, MBA preferred
- 5-7 years of progressively increasing responsibility in a related field
- Ideal experience is both agency side and client side working on a high volume, fast pace retail business (food, food service, beer, cars, banks, etc.)
- Deep experience in planning, development and execution of marketing communications programs
- Demonstrated ability to translate market research into improved marketing communications insights
- Strong writing skills, experience drafting plans, recommendations, briefs, etc.
- Strong presentation skills
- Flexibility to prioritize & manage multiple projects and changing expectations
- Bilingualism (French & English) would be considered an asset
Key Attributes for Success: