Our client is one of Canada’s premiere marketing agencies and due to an account win, have a brand new opportunity for a strong Strategic Planner. They are a fast moving, marketing and solutions company and the Planner will need to be professional and entrepreneurial – all at the same time.
The agency has complete and extensive in-house abilities. This means that they are capable of bringing to life strategies, ideas, and concepts that are genuinely unique and innovative.
You must be an energetic person with superior analytical abilities, great attention to detail and strong communication skills to join our growing team. Strategic Planners are involved and integrated in the creation of marketing strategy and advertising. Their responsibility is to bring the consumer to the forefront of the process and to inspire the team to work with the consumer in mind.
Because targeted communication channels have presently multiplied, it is even harder, and more crucial, for direct communication to break through this clutter. You must provide "the edge" that will ensure that a client's message will do just this. Deep experience in digital channels will be a tremendous asset in this role.
You will report to the VP, CRM Strategy and Planning and have frequent interaction with all levels of management, clients, and outside suppliers. The ideal candidate will display the perfect balance of analytic capabilities, confidence, and business acumen.
- Devise CRM strategy and personalized programs and work collaboratively with other teams across agency to support our partners’ businesses through a balanced focus on net acquisition, defection, customer profitability, and net promoter scores like Likelihood To Recommend.
- More specifically, develop, manage and support marketing programs and campaigns for 3 large clients.
- Understanding and interpreting larger customer engagement strategies and translating those into the day-to-day to effectively write creative briefs and long-form content briefs and guide development and presentation of the creative work.
- Deep understanding and ownership of various complex subject matter areas, including various technology categories and vertical industries; as well as the dynamics, competitive landscape, and end-user business needs driving each subject area.
- Identify key targets for campaigns using historical performance and web analytic tools, media analytics, customer databases, social listening tools, search tools, syndicated data, research & survey tools, etc.
- Work with the Analytics department to guide the development and execution of measurement/analysis plans on behalf of clients.
- Analyze digital and direct response campaigns to uncover patterns and establish practical insights.
- Design and implement research projects to address client business issues, gain insight into target audiences, and test program concepts.
- Be a highly engaged team member while contributing positively to the broader agency environment.
- Serve as a key member of the Planning team to help drive agency's own strategy and priorities and deliver annual plan objectives
- An outstanding leader with a proven track record of:
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills; presence to engage, present to and challenge senior leaders, communicate ideas & sell programs, and influence "big picture" strategy
- Excellent organization and planning skills; facility in managing a large number of tasks, projects and resources in order to develop campaigns in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- A track record of participating on strong teams and developing cross-functional relationships
- Comfort influencing cross partner unit teams without necessarily having direct authority
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills, a bias for action and strong customer orientation
- Digital expertise an asset
- Agility and experience working at a small to mid-size organization (50 people+) an asset
Required Education/Professional Designation:
- Post-secondary degree; Graduate degree esp. MBA an asset
- 7+ years professional experience with progressive experience in marketing and/or agency positions with specific CRM expertise
- Strong track record in delivering on objectives
- Experience and strong network within the advertising industry is an advantage
Key Attributes for Success:
- It is essential that the Strategic Planner have exemplary self-management skills and be able to operate autonomously as required. And to be able to function well in a collaboratively team environment when this is required.
- You will have a have degree of professional maturity and a strong understanding of the business part of the agency business.