Are you a PR professional looking to join a global sports entertainment brand making its debut in the United States?
Our client is a global sports streaming service launching in the United States in 2018. They are on a mission to change the game within the sports media broadcasting industry and are on the hunt for an experienced PR Manager to join the team.
In this role, you will work within the marketing team and deliver their PR strategy in the US. Passionate and knowledgeable about a variety of sports and incredibly well connected, you are equipped and excited to spearhead publicity campaigns autonomously, with passion and creativity. You understand how the press works and what is important for US sports fans.
You know how to shape and deliver PR campaigns, events and run a press office function in a way that resonates with different segments of the media, and how to best engage with them to tell the brand story and drive awareness, coverage, and subscriptions. You will have experience of working with agencies and will have run successful initiatives for a major brand or sports property either in-house or at an agency.
You are able to make smart decisions, even when faced with ambiguity, think strategically and are eager to put a new spin on what a sport campaign can be. You can articulate what you are - and are not - trying to do. You are a good listener and a real doer, and are able to multi-task and work at a clip pace.
This role will be based out of the Manhattan office. If you’re looking for an opportunity to join an established sports media brand entering the US marketplace, then this is the role for you!
Requirements of Role:
- Existing relationships with key US media
- Excellent sports knowledge, news sense and editorial planning, with strong creative content writing skills
- Proven ability in campaign planning
- Experience across full PR toolkit – event management, press junkets, stunts, experiential, speaker opportunities, influencer management, crisis management
- Experience in launching new or innovative products and services, ideally within an international environment balancing global strategy and local market needs
- Proven ability in measuring performance against audience targets & analyzing competitors
- Partnership management skills: you will need to develop close working relationships with local representatives in the market
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative international environment with a unique culture (they have a start-up mentality whilst being part of a global organization)
- Establish & continuously evolve the PR strategy in the United States
- Develop and maintain relationships with local, national, and regional media
- Identify opportunities, generate ideas for media coverage, and pitch them to appropriate media outlets
- Research and write media releases, statements, press material, press kits, presentations and briefing materials for spokespeople
- Plan and implement press conferences, speaker opportunities and media hosting events
- Manage PR agencies and other related agencies
- Manage crisis and issues with key stakeholders
- Monitor, track and report on our own PR activities as well as the competitive landscape
- University degree or equivalent in Public Relations or Communications
- 7-9 years’ experience in Public Relations agency or client side in sports or entertainment
- Previous experience managing PR for an: agency, sport, digital, mobile, media, entertainment, lifestyle, or brave CPG brand
- Experience working in an international environment / global organization
- Passion for sports
- Line management experience
Key Attributes for Success:
- Customer Orientation - Building and maintaining external and internal customer satisfaction
- Creativity & Innovation - Impactful innovation, break boundaries in your approach, media firsts, technology firsts, creative firsts, create campaigns that wow consumers and get the industry talking.
- Drive & Energy - Self–motivated and driven to succeed, focused on results and passionate about the job.
- Teamwork & Collaboration - Working collaboratively with a group of people in order to accomplish a task or achieve a goal.
- Planning & Organizing - Ability to set priorities, goals and time tables to achieve maximum productivity.
- Flexibility & Adaptability - Ability to adapt to changing business needs, cultures, conditions and work responsibilities.