Job Description A very warm welcome is how you are greeted when you enter the Brampton facilities of our client. Couple this welcoming atmosphere with modern offices and you know immediately this is an established company which promotes a positive and healthy environment.
They are a 3rd generation family owned and operated, progressive and growing protein food processor.
They require an accomplished business leader – someone whose passion and principles are supported by their experience and dedication that will hold true to the company’s core values to continue leading their industry in supplying innovative protein solutions for food service, retail and industrial markets.
You are someone who likes to have fun while working hard and building a better business, with a positive attitude and natural fit into their culture.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Vice President Sales & Marketing is an executive business partner, who as a servant leader, will diligently lead and support others in the execution of the company’s revenue growth initiatives, influence the company’s future direction, and executes enhancements for the fulfillment of strategic choices.
As a key member of the Leadership Team (LT) and reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO)/Owner, the successful candidate will lead the Sales and Marketing functions of the company.
The company has an impressive history of growth and recently established the bold objective to grow another 60% over the next three years. Growth will come from product innovation and expansion into aligned and new categories.
The successful incumbent will drive initiatives for achieving effective growth and expansion; challenge thinking for optimum client outcomes and steward efficiencies for the company’s continued success.
This person will be a huge part of ensuring the right people are in place and investing properly, driving growth through the right guidance and mentorship. This is a leadership team role not an individual contributor.
• Lead the strategy and aligned performance for revenue generation and optimum customer experience
• Drive sales performance toward annual expectations, long term strategy and profitable revenue growth
• Grow customer satisfaction, value creation and retention
• Leverage corporate brand and unique competitive advantages
• Effectively lead talent acquisition, development and management for department(s)
• Execute departmental Profiles/PMP/OPBP reviews for full performance results
• Develop tools, systems and resources to provide the Sales & Marketing teams with enhanced abilities to meet and exceed customers’ needs
• Build market intelligence and guide market expansion
• Serve as a member of the executive leadership team and participate in key decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives, operating model and operational execution
• Make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations
• Active Pricing Committee role
• Protect company IP rights, in customer contracts and other agreements
• Lead and develop Sales and Marketing Directors
• Continue focused account management and consultative sales process
• Cultivate customer satisfaction, value creation and retention
• Develop / grow relationships with channel partners, brokers & external organizations
• Provide timely and accurate reporting
• Instill operational metrics and appropriate control systems to build departmental capabilities and meet/exceed customers’ needs
• Deliver budgetary planning and cost management in alignment with the strategic plan
• Continuous improvement, including additions and adherence to, internal controls and financial procedures
• Oversee, and provide guidance to, the Director, Sales Operations
• Ensure contract compliance and pricing prioritization
• Drive the planning through the execution of ‘go to market’ strategies
• Enhance corporate brand through continued development
• Leverage competitive advantages
• Develop and provide guidance to the Director, Sales Operations
• Guide usage of 3rd party resources to enable achievement of sales strategy and market expansion
• Direct research to develop new channels and market opportunities
IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS & ATTRIBUTES:
• 10+ years of progressively responsible leadership experience, 5+ years as a VP Sales
• Servant leader / Customer passionate
• MBA or equivalent market experience
• Proven talent acquisition, development, and management capabilities
• Experience at leading long-term strategy with organic growth to successful outcomes
• Proven success in North American account sales via direct & broker-driven sales
• Track record enhancing corporate brand and leveraging competitive advantage
• Previous food protein sales/marketing experience preferred
• Outstanding communication and change management skills
• Strong relationship capabilities and collaborative skills
• Adept with multiple technologies
• Confident, determined, diplomatic,
• Strong financial acumen, analytical and disciplined
• Multi-lingual would be an asset
• Love What You Do
• When the Going Gets Tough, the Tough Keep Going
• Own Involvement in Solutions
DREAMS & GOALS
• Work towards Your Dreams
HONESTY & INTEGRITY
• Always Doing What Is Right
Accommodations are available on request for any candidates that require an accommodation due to a disability or a medical need. Please contact us at 416-599-4700 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss specific accommodations.