• Handling all administrative duties such as email and calendar management,coordinating meetings, making travel arrangements, etc.
• Preparing and maintaining a bring-forward system, as well as providing appropriate reminders.
• Under legal professional supervision, preparing legal documents and correspondence according to precedents and/or instructions (drafting letters, revising draft documents,and preparing document comparisons).
• Transcribing digital dictation.
• Entering time dockets.
• Liaising with Billing Coordinators for the monthly production of accounts.
• Ensuring all physical and electronic filing is organized and up to date on a regular basis.
• Delegating tasks to, and coordinating with, other administrative departments.
• Providing backup coverage in the absence of other assistants.
• Other duties, as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
• Completion of a post-secondary Legal Assistant or Law Clerk course.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in civil and commercial litigation (large firm experience preferred).
• In-depth understanding of business and legal terminology.
• Strong knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure.
• Solid computer and typing skills; proficiency in MS Office 2010, Excel, Power Point, Adobe Pro, digital dictation, Worksite DMS, etc.
• Experience working with Elite Webview, Worksite DMS, ACL etc.