Social media is one of the many avenues our recruiters suggest employers leverage to search for new talent. It’s also an excellent place for job seekers to identify opportunities and connect with potential employers.
Threads is one of the newest apps that allows you to connect with people online. A new touchpoint online is a new opportunity for employers and job seekers to connect. Have you tried it out yet?
Our Toronto recruiters talk about what Threads is and offer some tips for how employers can use it to hire and how job seekers can use it to find a job.
What is Threads?
Threads is a new app offered by Instagram that allows you to share text updates be part of public conversations and view real-time updates. Think of it like a more recent version of Twitter/X.
You can access it through your Instagram account. You can create posts that are up to 500 characters. You can include photos, links, and videos that are up to 5 minutes long. You can view other people’s feeds and messages and interact and respond to other threats.
How to Recruit on Threads
Threads is the newest place for employers to connect with talent online. The question is, what is the best way to do it? Our recruiters in Toronto offer these tips to help you get started with your recruiting efforts on the platform:
- Understand the platform: Take some time to learn about what Threads is all about. How do people use it? What type of content do they post? How do people interact? Learn about the functionality and key features that you can use to promote your brand.
- Join the conversation: Networking is a key action in recruitment. Being an active participant in your industry can help you connect with talent in an organic way. You’ll also increase your visibility and credibility.
- Optimize your profile: You need a well-optimized and complete profile to highlight your employer brand.
- Share insights: Give people a reason to want to follow your employer brand. Sharing engaging information and having insightful conversations about your industry.
- Let people know: Make sure you cross-promote that you are on Threads on your other social channels. Leverage your existing presence to build your presence on Threads.
How to Find a Job on Threads
Looking for a job? Threads is the newest place to check for job opportunities with companies you would like to work for. Our recruiters suggest job seekers follow these tips:
- Optimize your bio – make it job search-focused
- Import your contacts from Instagram
- Follow the employers you want to work for
- Check your feed regularly
- Use hashtags to follow conversations related to your job search
- Share meaningful insights to display your skills and abilities
- Connect with recruiters and other professionals in your industry
- Participate in career-based conversations
Threads is still new and there is no doubt it’ll change in the coming months. Stay up to date with the latest developments and leverage this platform to enhance your recruitment and job search efforts.
More Advice From Our Toronto Recruiters
IQ PARTNERS is an Executive Search & Recruitment firm supporting clients across Canada and internationally. We help companies hire better, hire less & retain more. We have specialist teams of recruiters in Executive Search / Board & C-Suite, Technology, Media, Digital & Marketing, Accounting & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Startup, Data Science, Consumer, eCommerce & Retail, HR, Manufacturing, Supply Chain & Engineering, Construction & Engineering, Legal & Professional Services, Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences, and Sales. Click here to view current job openings and to register with us.