Staying on top of the latest recruiting trends is important. Your team needs to understand these trends and how they affect hiring and retention best practices.
In a recent post on the Talent Blog, LinkedIn’s Brendan Browne, VP of global talent acquisition, shares the top four 2020 Global Talent Trends.
Top Talent Trends for 2020
According to the survey, talent professionals identify 4 top trends:
- Employee experience: 94% of talent professionals agreed that this trend is very important in recruiting.
- People analytics: 85%
- Internal recruiting: 82%
- Multi-generational workforce: 74%
1. Employee Experience
Creating a good employee experience can improve retention and benefit your company in many other ways. Here are the top reasons why talent professionals say they are investing in employee experience:
- Increase employee retention: 77%
- Increase employee productivity: 71%
- Meet Millennial and Gen Z expectations: 40%
- Attract more candidates: 29%
2. People Analytics
The more you can understand about candidates, the better. People analytics provides you with greater insight:
- 55% of talent professionals say they still need assistance putting people analytics systems in place.
- 73% say analytics will play a significant role in their company in the next 5 years.
3. Internal Recruiting
A strong recruiting process will help you retain your top internal talent. According to the survey:
- 73% say internal recruiting is growing in importance.
- More than 10% say there has been an increase in retention practices since 2015.
4. Multi-generational Workforce
Hiring companies need to place greater emphasis on hiring people from a variety of generations. Each generation has specific preferences, expectations, and unique factors to consider.
Download a copy of the Global Talent Trends 2020 here.
Get More Talent Recruitment Tips From a Toronto Recruitment Agency
Get more important insights from our expert Toronto recruiters. Check out these blogs that are packed with actionable tips and advice:
IQ PARTNERS is an Executive Search & Recruitment firm supporting clients across the country. We help companies hire better, hire less & retain more. We have specialist teams of recruiters in Executive Search / Board & C-Suite, Technology, Media, Digital & Marketing, Accounting & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Cannabis, Startup, Data Science, Consumer, eCommerce & Retail, Operations & HR, Manufacturing, Supply Chain & Engineering, Legal & Professional Services, Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences, Non-Profit & Sustainability, and Sales. IQ PARTNERS has its head office in Toronto and operates internationally via Aravati Global Search Network. Click here to view current job openings and to register with us.