Although COVID-19 has changed the way we operate internally, we continue to deliver best-in-class
Find out how we are supporting both clients and candidates at this time.
Is your organization looking to hire top talent in finance? With many companies rebounding due to a stronger economy and hiring freezes coming to an end, there are many organizations that are once again looking to hire and snatch up top talent before their competitors do.
If you want your company to thrive, you need to hire finance professionals based on more than just their ability to work with numbers. Top candidates also need to bring something else to the table that can potentially help your company.
Do they have specialized skills? Are they a good cultural fit? Are they born leaders? What else can they offer outside of the job requirements?
How do you identify a top finance job candidate – one that will stand out from the crowd and prove to be a great hire for your company? Look for the following key attributes:
1. An advanced degree: Possession of an advanced finance degree is a sure-fire sign that a candidate has the skills, abilities, and knowledge you want to add to your company.
2. Niche or specialty skills: Finance talent who specialize in a specific area are increasingly in demand. Do you have a need for a specialized finance professional? Do you have a need for a certain professional designation? Look for talent who have these niche skills.
3. Leadership: Finance is about more than balance sheets and budgets. Today’s finance professionals need to have other business skills, with leadership skills at the top of the list. Look for finance talent who want to be leaders and can potentially be the leaders of tomorrow in your company.
4. Drive and motivation: Look for people who want to hit the ground running and keep moving forward. Look for someone who is not afraid to make suggestions, is an independent thinker, and is always looking for new ways to do things, improve current practices, and take the next step in their career.
5. A great communicator: We hear this all the time, but adding a great communicator to your team can do wonders. You want someone who is not afraid to engage and communicate with co-workers, managers, and others internally. Creating an open dialogue is important for innovation and to make positive changes.
Read more about recruiting in the finance industry by checking out these blog posts from our finance and accounting recruiters:
IQ PARTNERS is an Executive Search & Recruitment firm supporting clients across the country. We help companies hire better, hire less & retain more. We have specialist teams of recruiters in Financial Services & Insurance, Marketing Communications & Media, Emerging Tech & Telecom, Consumer Goods & Retail, B2B & Industrial, Technology, Accounting & Finance, HR & Operations and Mining & Engineering. IQ PARTNERS has its head office in Toronto and operates internationally via Aravati Global Search Network. Click here to view current job openings and to register with us.
Stephen is a Partner and Practice Lead in the Accounting and Finance group. In 2011 Stephen purchased The London Group, and over the next several years built a small team and became a go-to recruiter for several mid-sized accounting firms. In 2016 the London Group merged with IQ PARTNERS, allowing Stephen to grow his accounting and finance recruitment practice under the umbrella of IQ PARTNERS.