By Riel LaPointe, Toronto Financial & IT Recruiter
Companies in the financial industry are always looking for new ways to get an advantage over their competitors. Hiring and retaining the best talent is a huge success factor, and having the ability to hire up and coming talent in the finance industry can strengthen your organization for years to come.
While traditional recruiting practices can be and are still effective, it is increasingly important for organizations to think outside the box when it comes to recruitment best practices.
Recruitment Best Practices – 5 Ways to Boost Your Hiring Efforts
Here are some key takeaways from our finance and accounting recruiters about the best way to attract the best talent:
1. Understand what is working for you: Before you change anything, you need to know what IS and what ISN’T working for you. Talk with the people who have worked their way through your company and ask them their opinion about the hiring process.
2. Don’t abandon traditional practices: Just because they are dated or old strategies doesn’t mean they still don’t work. In the right situation, any recruiting strategy can be effective.
3. Get social: Many companies are still reluctant to use social media as part of their recruiting process. Remember that everything you post doesn’t have to be a direct recruitment message. You can communicate information about your company culture, company awards, testimonials, and other indirect information that will present your company as a place talent would want to work.
4. Always be looking for new ways to connect with talent: There are countless ways to connect with candidates today, and the number of sources only continues to grow. Therefore, it’s important to stay on top of the latest sites, tools, and apps candidates are using so you can be at the forefront of your industry.
5. Market your brand wisely: Your employer brand and perception of that brand matters to candidates. How you are perceived will have a big impact on your ability to recruit. Investing in marketing strategies to promote your brand and make it attractive to candidates will improve your hiring efforts.
Using these tips will help your organization better understand what is working and how to present your employer brand in a way that will attract the candidates you want to hire.
Learn more about hiring finance and accounting professionals by reading these posts from our financial headhunters:
Finance Industry Ranked the Best for Benefits
Networking Is Power for Finance Professionals
An Overview of the Top Jobs in Accounting & Finance in 2016
IQ PARTNERS is an Executive Search & Recruitment firm in Toronto. We help companies hire better, hire less & retain more. We have specialist teams of recruiters in Financial Services & Insurance, Marketing Communications & Media, Emerging Tech & Telecom, Consumer Goods & Retail, B2B & Industrial, Technology, Accounting & Finance, HR & Operations and Mining & Engineering. IQ PARTNERS has its head office in Toronto and operates internationally via Aravati Global Search Network. Click here to view current job openings and to register with us