COVID-19 has highlighted how important it is for companies to be agile and how important technology skills are today. Professionals with strong technology skills have shown they are well-positioned to transition into remote working conditions.
In a matter of days, companies had to make quick decisions about whether or not to shut down, how to shift operations, and how they can continue to work remotely.
What Did COVID-19 Teach Us About the Importance of Technology Skills?
We all know technology continues to play a more prominent role in the workplace. But COVID-19 quickly taught us just how important it is.
- The ability to transition to remote work is vital for companies and for workers.
- Things can change very quickly, at a moment’s notice. Tech skills make the transition easier.
- This likely won’t be the last time. Having technology skills and capabilities will ensure companies and workers are prepared.
- Remote work is possible for many different roles. It could lead to the creation of more remote roles going forward.
- Businesses are realizing they can operate differently using technology. There are opportunities using technology that companies may have not realized until now.
What Technology Skills Are Becoming More Important for All Professionals?
Here are some of the skills that have become important for organizations and employees to thrive in this new remote work environment:
- Cloud computing
- Video conferencing
- Video editing
- Social media management
- Collaborative software tools
- Web design, digital copywriting, SEO, blogging
- Technology troubleshooting
Why You Need to Focus on Technology Skills
It’s not only workers in technology who need tech skills. These skills are only going to become more important in the future. Here is why you need to focus on tech skills:
- They are becoming basic requirements for all types of jobs
- They help make you a more well-rounded professional in your field
- You’ll have an advantage over others who do not have strong technology skills
- You can leverage technology for professional development
- They will help you more quickly adapt to change
Read More From Toronto Technology Recruiters About Tech Skills and COVID-19
Check out our blog to gain more insights from our Toronto tech headhunters about the importance of technology skills. Also, learn more about the impact COVID-19 is having on how businesses operate:
IQ PARTNERS is an Executive Search & Recruitment firm supporting clients across the country. We help companies hire better, hire less & retain more. We have specialist teams of recruiters in Executive Search / Board & C-Suite, Technology, Media, Digital & Marketing, Accounting & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Cannabis, Startup, Data Science, Consumer, eCommerce & Retail, Operations & HR, Manufacturing, Supply Chain & Engineering, Legal & Professional Services, Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences, Non-Profit & Sustainability, and Sales. IQ PARTNERS has its head office in Toronto and operates internationally via Aravati Global Search Network. Click here to view current job openings and to register with us.