By Priscilla Poirier, Toronto IT Recruiter
Are you thinking about working with a recruiter? Many hiring companies and job candidates consider it daily. We all know that working with a recruiter is extremely beneficial for job seekers and for hiring companies.
Recruiters help connect companies and candidates. They help candidates better focus their search and find jobs that meet their skills and abilities. Recruiters also help hiring companies better understand their hiring needs and focus their recruitment process to find better quality candidates.
No two recruiters are created the same. So, what makes one recruiter better than others? What makes a great recruiter? We’ve outlined some of the top signs of a great recruiter below:
5 Characteristics of Great Recruiters
Here are some of the top characteristics shared by the majority of great recruiters:
- Advisor focus: Great recruiters don’t just help candidates find a job or help companies fill a vacancy. They take on a more advisory role and offer advice as they work through the recruiting process. They build trusting relationships with organizations and candidates.
- Strong talent recognition: Great recruiters have an eye for talent. They have an innate ability to understand what hiring companies are seeking in candidates and in finding a strong match.
- They are highly knowledgeable: Great recruiters not only have expert knowledge of the industry in which they work, they have a detailed understanding of the recruiting process from multiple perspectives. This insight helps them help their clients more effectively.
- Deeper industry connections: Great recruiters are exceptional networkers. They are subject matter experts, they understand industry trends, and they make strong connections with top companies, hiring managers, and top industry talent.
- Relentlessness: Great recruiters put in the work to be successful. They are always looking for new opportunities, connecting with candidates, working on referrals, and doing the leg work to connect hiring companies with top talent.
Work with Canada’s Leading Executive Search and Recruitment Firm
At IQ PARTNERS, we help companies hire better, hire less & retain more. We have specialists in many top industries, and we operate at the mid-to-senior management level. We can help you spot the right talent within your field.
More Headhunter Insights
Check out more headhunter insights by checking out these informative blog posts by our expert recruiters:
5 Recruiting Rules for Texting Job Candidates
4 Important Recruiting Trends to Watch in 2018
Recruiting Tips: The Importance of Emotional Intelligence
IQ PARTNERS is an Executive Search & Recruitment firm supporting clients across the country. We help companies hire better, hire less & retain more. We have specialist teams of recruiters in Technology (IT), Accounting and Finance, Consumer Goods, eCommerce and Retail, Financial Services and Insurance, Startup, B2B and Industrial, Operations and HR, Professional Services and Legal, Media, Digital and Marketing, Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences, Emerging Technology and Telecom, and Sales. IQ PARTNERS has its head office in Toronto and operates internationally via Aravati Global Search Network. Click here to view current job openings and to register with us.