Although COVID-19 has changed the way we operate internally, we continue to deliver best-in-class
Find out how we are supporting both clients and candidates at this time.
Finding the right person for the job continues to be a challenge for recruiters and hiring managers. With many companies planning to increase their hiring efforts this year, it’s imperative that you put additional time and effort into how you attract the best candidates possible. With more opportunities for talent comes more competition for you, and making the right hire now is the key to strengthening your company today and into the future.
To help you refine your recruiting efforts this year, here are some effective recruiting tips to follow:
1. Diversity is important: Diversity is a hot topic these days, and it’s important to consider diversity when looking for finance job candidates. Having a team that is not only made up of different genders, races, and beliefs, but also skills, experience, and educational backgrounds will help make your company well rounded.
2. Don’t overlook the importance of soft skills: Soft skills often get overlooked when hiring people for finance positions. Finance is no longer only about the numbers. Finding people who are an excellent cultural fit, are effective communicators and bring more to the table than simply financial acumen will benefit your company.
3. Put your best foot forward: Job candidates are recruiting you just as much as you are recruiting them. Top industry talent take the time to research your company, explore your brand and see what people are saying about you online. Branding to attract top candidates is vital to stay competitive and get an edge over other companies looking to hire from the same talent pool.
4. Get mobile: With 45% of job seekers using mobile to search for positions, it’s clear that mobile recruiting is becoming a key part of any company’s recruitment strategy. If you are not mobile, you are missing out on a large number of job seekers.
5. Use your current top employees: The employees you have now can help you find the top employees of tomorrow. Think about what makes them a great talent, and apply these findings to your recruitment efforts. Also, don’t be afraid to ask top employees for referrals.
Learn more about how to attract and retain the best finance and accounting talent in the industry by reading these insightful blog posts by our finance and accounting headhunters:
IQ PARTNERS is an Executive Search & Recruitment firm supporting clients across the country. We help companies hire better, hire less & retain more. We have specialist teams of recruiters in Financial Services & Insurance, Marketing Communications & Media, Emerging Tech & Telecom, Consumer Goods & Retail, B2B & Industrial, Technology, Accounting & Finance, HR & Operations and Mining & Engineering. IQ PARTNERS has its head office in Toronto and operates internationally via Aravati Global Search Network. Click here to view current job openings and to register with us.
Brandon is Senior Director, Client Services with IQ PARTNERS, focusing on recruiting top talent within the Financial Services and Insurance, Startups, and Emerging Technology industries.