Although COVID-19 has changed the way we operate internally, we continue to deliver best-in-class
Find out how we are supporting both clients and candidates at this time.
The goal of hiring is to find the best talent possible – the person(s) that will help fill the void in your company and help you meet your objectives. However, with so much competition, and with recruiting practices ever-evolving, it can be difficult to stay on top of things – and difficult to find the talent you need for your company to thrive.
If you want to hire the right people and constantly attract the right candidates to your organization, pay attention to these recruiting trends:
1. Think mobile: People are always on the go, meaning they are increasingly using their phones for everything – social media, internet and looking for jobs. Make sure that your company can connect with talent who are looking for career moves on mobile – ensure your website is mobile friendly, try mobile ads and other ways to optimize your mobile presence.
2. Candidates will have even more power: Candidates will continue to use their leverage to explore new career opportunities and negotiate with companies to establish benefits and other perks. Be ready to negotiate with top talent in your industry.
3. More focus on employer branding: While this has been growing for some time, expect 2017 to be the year where companies come to the realization that it’s a candidate’s market, and they need to focus on selling the company brand when recruiting to attract top talent.
4. Think short term: Traditionally, when hiring, you are looking for a full-time employee. But things are changing, and forward thinking companies are now recruiting employees on a short term basis – for specific projects, specialized roles, and short-term contracts, even at the executive level.
5. Data will play a bigger role: Using data to make recruitment decisions and to assess a candidate’s fit will take on a more prominent role. Data, when used the right way, can help your company improve hiring efficiency. Use the data you have access to about your candidates to make more informed decisions.
Following these trends and seeing if they can improve your hiring efforts will help your company get the edge on your competition.
Want to learn more about recruiting trends? Check out these insightful blog posts from our headhunters:
IQ PARTNERS is an Executive Search & Recruitment firm supporting clients across the country. We help companies hire better, hire less & retain more. We have specialist teams of recruiters in Financial Services & Insurance, Marketing Communications & Media, Emerging Tech & Telecom, Consumer Goods & Retail, B2B & Industrial, Technology, Accounting & Finance, HR & Operations and Mining & Engineering. IQ PARTNERS has its head office in Toronto and operates internationally via Aravati Global Search Network. Click here to view current job openings and to register with us.
Stephen is a Partner and Practice Lead in the Accounting and Finance group. In 2011 Stephen purchased The London Group, and over the next several years built a small team and became a go-to recruiter for several mid-sized accounting firms. In 2016 the London Group merged with IQ PARTNERS, allowing Stephen to grow his accounting and finance recruitment practice under the umbrella of IQ PARTNERS.