Hiring tactics have changed. Without the ability to meet finance and accounting job candidates in person, companies have had to get creative about how they recruit. Recruiting candidates is nothing new, but what has changed is your need to more effectively and strategically use the internet to connect and engage with candidates. One way to do this is to host a virtual job fair.
What Is a Virtual Job Fair?
A virtual job fair is an effective way to attract and recruit potential candidates online. They are very similar to traditional job fairs. The difference is you use online spaces and tools where recruiters, hiring managers, and candidates can network with each other. You can view presentations, participate in chats and discussions, and post videos and documents.
Why Hold a Virtual Job Fair?
Virtual job fairs allow you to reach a much wider and larger group of candidates. There is no limit to how many candidates you could attract in the finance industry. An awareness campaign on social media leading up to the event could help you passively attract a diverse range of candidates.
It allows you to put your company brand and culture on full display and really give candidates a sense of what your organization is like without having to travel or meet face to face.
5 Tips to Host a Successful Virtual Hiring Event
1. Set event goals and objectives: Know what you want to accomplish with the event. It can be more than filling a position. Do you want to promote your employer brand? Communicate a specific message? Try to attract specific types of finance candidates?
2. Choose the right platform: Zoom meetings are all the rage today, but there are many other software options that allow you the capability to host virtual job fairs. Compare your options and choose the platform that best aligns with your job fair objectives.
3. Promote the event well in advance: Promotion is essential. If people don’t know about the event, they won’t attend. Promote the event well in advance. Use your social media channels, digital ads, email marketing, and other tools to reach as many finance professionals as possible.
4. Measure success: Virtual job fair metrics will quickly tell you if your event was a success. Track important metrics and engagement throughout the event. Track the number of registrations and attendees, and of those who were qualified candidates, which had interviews and were hired.
5. Follow up: Follow up with all attendees after the event. Thank them for attending, ask if they have any additional questions, and get feedback from them about their experience. Assess the pool of talent and determine which candidates you want to pursue. Divide candidates into groups so you can communicate specific post-job fair messaging.
Read More From Our Recruiting Blog
IQ PARTNERS is an Executive Search & Recruitment firm supporting clients across the country. We help companies hire better, hire less & retain more. We have specialist teams of recruiters in Executive Search / Board & C-Suite, Technology, Media, Digital & Marketing, Accounting & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Cannabis, Startup, Data Science, Consumer, eCommerce & Retail, Operations & HR, Manufacturing, Supply Chain & Engineering, Legal & Professional Services, Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences, Non-Profit & Sustainability, and Sales. IQ PARTNERS has its head office in Toronto and operates internationally via Aravati Global Search Network. Click here to view current job openings and to register with us.