Our Toronto recruiters have spoken to many organizations about what they are doing for the holidays this year. With traditional holiday parties not possible this year, we’ve heard a lot of creative ideas to spread holiday cheer by having a remote celebration.
At IQ PARTNERS, in addition to a virtual holiday party, we’re having a virtual holiday cookie bake along and a giving back challenge. There are lots of ways you can still celebrate with your colleagues. If you are still not sure what you are doing for your company, consider these remote holiday party ideas:
HIRE BETTER TODAY
- Holiday trivia: Host a remote trivia competition and find out who knows the most about the holiday classics.
- Christmas tree show and tell: Have employees give you a quick tour of their Christmas tree and holiday decorations.
- Holiday happy hour: Celebrate your remote party by sharing your favorite holiday drink recipes. If they are up for it, have employees provide a tutorial.
- Festive sweater contest: This one is a classic, but it’s really easy to duplicate online. Have a contest to see who has the most festive (or ugly) holiday sweater.
- Holiday movie watch along: Get everyone on the team to get their favorite movie snacks and stream a holiday movie. You can have your employees vote in the week leading up to the party.
- Virtual painting party: Have your team take part in painting something festive. It can be a snowman, Santa, or anything else festive.
- Virtual holiday scavenger hunt: Put together a list of things people need to find in their homes. Draw a random card such as “find a holiday treat.” Give people a short period of time to find and present the item.
- Share holiday traditions: Have coworkers share their favorite holiday traditions. You can make it even more fun by asking employees to submit their tradition anonymously and getting others to guess who it is.
Donate Your Holiday Party Funds This Year
If your team is not really feeling the remote holiday party idea, you can use the funds earmarked for the party and donate them.
At IQ PARTNERS, we donated the unused funds of our canceled office party to support Daily Bread Food Bank via our client, CanadaHelps’ #HolidayPartyHeroes program. This is a new initiative launched by CanadaHelps that asks businesses across Canada to donate the unused cost of their annual holiday parties to charity and be recognized as #HolidayPartyHeroes. The idea was inspired by the Xmas Party Heroes campaign in the UK, which raised almost £1,000,000 within a week of being launched. If your company has unused holiday party funds this year, please consider donating the money to this worthy cause.
More Tips From Our Toronto Recruiters
Why You Should Still Job Search During the Holidays
The 12 Job Search Tips of Christmas
When Is the Best Time to Look for a Job?
IQ PARTNERS is an Executive Search & Recruitment firm supporting clients across the country. We help companies hire better, hire less & retain more. We have specialist teams of recruiters in Executive Search / Board & C-Suite, Technology, Media, Digital & Marketing, Accounting & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Cannabis, Startup, Data Science, Consumer, eCommerce & Retail, Operations & HR, Manufacturing, Supply Chain & Engineering, Legal & Professional Services, Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences, Non-Profit & Sustainability, and Sales. IQ PARTNERS has its head office in Toronto. Click here to view current job openings and to register with us.