Remote work is undoubtedly one of the major workplace trends in 2020. As you would expect, our Toronto recruitment agency has seen a large increase in the number of remote jobs available in Canada since the pandemic. Some people love it, others are indifferent, and some are still getting adjusted to this new way to work. But how it will play out long term is still up in the air.
What will happen once the pandemic comes to an end? Will Canadian employers continue to allow their employees to work from home? Do people think they will continue to work remotely on a permanent basis?
The recent Workforce Confidence Index Report provides some key insights into how remote work is going for Canadians and how organizations will approach remote work after the pandemic. Here we have summarized the report’s most recent findings.
How Remote Work Is Going Currently
Based on the report, here is how the organizations are dealing with remote work:
- 24% still have concerns and are struggling with work set-up (52% never had this concern)
- 19% believe they are achieving less (61% never had this concern)
- 27% still have concerns about it slowing down their career growth (61% never had this concern)
- 32% still have concerns about working longer hours
- 36% feel more socially isolated
Of those still working at the office, 41% still have some anxiety.
How Employees Think Organizations Will Manage Remote Work Post Pandemic
Here is how those surveyed believe remote work will play out in the future:
- 3% believe we will work fully remote
- 10% believe we will be mostly remote
- 43% believe there will be a mix – some employees fully remote and others onsite multiple times per week
- 22% think employees will be mostly onsite and come into the office the majority of the time
- 7% believe employees will work onsite only, the same as we did prior to the pandemic
- 7% preferred not to answer
Most expect to work in some type of hybrid of remote and onsite work in the future. Considering we have the technology, it does make sense for many companies.
Get More Insights About Remote Work on Our Recruitment Agency Blog
IQ PARTNERS is an Executive Search & Recruitment firm supporting clients across the country. We help companies hire better, hire less & retain more. We have specialist teams of recruiters in Executive Search / Board & C-Suite, Technology, Media, Digital & Marketing, Accounting & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Cannabis, Startup, Data Science, Consumer, eCommerce & Retail, Operations & HR, Manufacturing, Supply Chain & Engineering, Legal & Professional Services, Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences, Non-Profit & Sustainability, and Sales. IQ PARTNERS has its head office in Toronto. Click here to view current job openings and to register with us.