The pandemic caused a lot of people to stop, think, and put things into perspective. Being stuck at home gave them a lot of time to reflect on their current career and lifestyle. If there were ever a time to make a change, now is it. We’ve seen signs of people choosing to do just this. The Great Resignation in the United States, and in Canada to a lesser degree, have shown that people are more willing than ever to chase their dream jobs, switch careers, and make significant life changes.
Job availability plays a big role in anyone’s decision. Sure, choosing to follow your dream to become a marine biologist, for example, is great. But if there is no demand for candidates, then you could struggle to make your dream a reality. Fortunately, there are a lot of career opportunities presently. It’s a candidate’s market and you have options.
Which Careers Are In High Demand Right Now?
Whether you are looking to get your big break in your career, it’s time to shift your focus, change your lifestyle, or now is the time to go after your dream job, here are some of the high-demand careers to consider:
- Financial advisor: You will help people and companies manage their finances and make financial decisions. You will need a degree in finance.
- Registered nurse: The pandemic has been hard on the health care industry. There is a dire need for people to work in all types of nursing positions across the province. You will need a nursing degree.
- Software engineer: With a greater reliance on e-commerce, remote business operations, and the development of Web 3.0, software engineers are needed by all types of businesses to create, integrate, and maintain software applications. Professionals commonly have a degree in computer science or engineering.
- Web development: Having a strong online presence has never been more important. Businesses require web developers to build, update, and maintain company websites and digital assets. Professionals typically have a degree in computer science or web design.
- Skilled trades: There are job openings in all skilled trades. There is a desperate need for professionals to work in construction, plumbing, electrical, and many other mechanical and industrial fields. People are needed at all skills, specialization, and management levels.
Get More Job Search Advice on Our Recruitment Blog
IQ PARTNERS is an Executive Search & Recruitment firm supporting clients across the country. We help companies hire better, hire less & retain more. We have specialist teams of recruiters in Executive Search / Board & C-Suite, Technology, Media, Digital & Marketing, Accounting & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Cannabis, Startup, Data Science, Consumer, eCommerce & Retail, Operations & HR, Manufacturing, Supply Chain & Engineering, Legal & Professional Services, Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences, Non-Profit & Sustainability, and Sales. Click here to view current job openings and to register with us.