46% of newly hired employees will fail within the first 18 months and only 19% will achieve success. The good news is that a new year is just around the corner. Is 2016 finally going to be the year where you make real change in your organization by adjusting your approach to hiring and onboarding new employees?
Many companies set lofty goals for the new year, but relying on dated and unreliable internal processes limits your ability to grow. Making real change and helping your organization evolve and renew its organizational culture starts with hiring new talent.
Here are 6 effective hiring resolutions for 2016:
1. Stop putting it off: Are you operating understaffed? Many companies are. If you know that you need to hire someone, actually hire someone. Many people make the excuse that they are too busy to focus in hiring – yeah, because you are understaffed. If you hired someone, then you wouldn’t be so busy all the time. Let 2016 be the year where you get the help you need to achieve your business objectives.
2. Review the hiring process: If you are having issues with finding the right people to fill positions within your organization, then it’s time to review how your organization approaches hiring. Take a look at the processes you are using to attract job candidates: how you vet the candidate pool, your interview process, and the criteria you use to assess potential hires.
3. Stop opting for the quick fix: Too often, companies identify a need to hire and fill the spot as soon as possible. Opting for the quick fix can be successful, but it is a short-sighted approach and not a long term solution. Sure, filling a gap addresses the situation, but are you sure you were thorough enough and found the best potential fit for your organization?
4. Update the job ad: Many companies use the same job ad over and over. This needs to stop if you want to attract new people and find the best possible candidates out there. Each time you have a hiring need, you should be reviewing, updating, and improving your job ads to ensure they appeal and attract the type of candidates you are looking for to fill your vacancy.
5. Refresh your candidate pool: Do you really expect to find better candidates if you keep looking in the same place time and time again? Let 2016 be the year where you start thinking outside the box when it comes to hiring. Look for new places and ways to attract candidates. Heck, you may even find the perfect fit for your organization!
6. Use a headhunter: Using a headhunter in Toronto is a very effective way to get better results when hiring. Headhunters can assess your current hiring practices, provide tips and insights for how you can improve your hiring process and help you attract more qualified candidates.
Learn more about the value of using a Toronto recruiter to improve your hiring practices by reading:
IQ PARTNERS is an Executive Search & Recruitment firm with offices in Toronto and Vancouver. We help companies hire better, hire less & retain more. We have specialist teams of recruiters in Financial Services & Insurance, Marketing Communications & Media, Emerging Tech & Telecom, Consumer Goods & Retail, B2B & Industrial, Technology, Accounting & Finance, HR & Operations and Mining & Engineering. IQ PARTNERS has its head office in Toronto and operates internationally via Aravati Global Search Network. Click here to view current job openings and to register with us.