A lot of things have changed about how we do our jobs in 2020. The same holds true for recruiting professionals and hiring managers. COVID-19 forced companies to massively change the way they approach talent management. This has had a trickle-down effect on the recruiting process as a whole. How we recruit, the tools we use, strategies, and how we assess talent all changed. The things candidates value in a role changed. All of this has shed some light on the top skills recruiters need to be successful in 2021 and beyond.
Samantha McLaren from the LinkedIn Talent Blog identified some key insights from LinkedIn about the top tips recruiters need in 2021.
“The Future of Recruiting report” explored the fastest-growing skills for recruiters, based on the increased share of global recruiting professionals who listed these skills on their LinkedIn profiles in 2020, compared to 2019,” says McLaren.
Here are the top 5 skills:
- Personal Development: Learning new skills is paramount for all professions, not just for recruiters. With so much changing, it’s important to add new skills and capabilities. Personal development skill mentions rose 44%.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Diversity and inclusion were hot button topics politically and in the workforce in 2020. Diversity skill mentions increased by 42%. This increase is indicative of recruiters making the shift to more inclusive hiring practices.
- Talent Pipelining: The more efficiently a recruiter can find, interview and hire, the more effective they will be in their role. Mentions of talent pipelining increased by 37% year over year.
- Decision Making: Strong decision making is vital. You need to be a good judge of character and make the best decisions throughout the recruiting process. Decision-making skills grew by 34%.
- HR Strategy: HR and recruiting go hand in hand. Strong human resource skills can make you a more effective recruiter. HR strategy skill mentions increased by 30% in 2020.
There is always room for improvement. 2021 is shaping up to be another unique and challenging year. Adding these skills to your repertoire will help you be a more effective recruiting professional.
Read More Blogs by Our Toronto Recruiters
IQ PARTNERS is an Executive Search & Recruitment firm supporting clients across the country. We help companies hire better, hire less & retain more. We have specialist teams of recruiters in Executive Search / Board & C-Suite, Technology, Media, Digital & Marketing, Accounting & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Cannabis, Startup, Data Science, Consumer, eCommerce & Retail, Operations & HR, Manufacturing, Supply Chain & Engineering, Legal & Professional Services, Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences, Non-Profit & Sustainability, and Sales. IQ PARTNERS has its head office in Toronto. Click here to view current job openings and to register with us.