Although COVID-19 has changed the way we operate internally, we continue to deliver best-in-class
Find out how we are supporting both clients and candidates at this time.
Everyone wants a strong and diverse marketing team, full of motivated professionals who are on the cutting edge of innovative strategies that will maximize exposure for your brand. Easier said than done. Hiring and recruiting is challenging, and finding the right mix of people to round out your marketing team can take time.
Recruiting the top marketing talent takes time, planning, effort, understanding and repeated effort until you get it right.
A strong marketing team is the sum of its parts. Consider these tips when recruiting new talent to add to your marketing team:
1. It starts at the top: Strong marketing teams have strong leaders. High-performing marketing teams need a great marketing manager to set the path and create an environment where people can maximize their talent and grow professionally. Make sure your marketing leaders have the mindset and values that are in alignment with your company brand.
2. Talent is the foundation: Hiring good people is a key success factor. It’s important to focus your recruiting efforts on not only finding people with the right skills and experience, but also people who are a good fit culturally and share the same values and outlook. Your people are the core of your marketing team.
3. Have a strong team structure in mind: Strong marketing teams are well defined. You need to know the roles you want to fill and create as your team evolves. What are your shortcomings? Where are you strong? What skills do you need to add? Reflect upon the type of team you are and the type of team you want to grow into becoming.
4. Adaptability and change management: The best marketers have the ability to continually adapt to changes in market conditions, add new skills and take advantage of technology innovations to support marketing efforts.
5. Skill diversity: Look for people who have skills that complement your team. A team filled with people who share the same skills will limit your potential. Skill diversity will expand your team’s capabilities, help you approach campaigns from multiple perspectives, and improve your team as a whole.
Learn more about recruiting in the marketing industry by checking out these blog posts from our marketing headhunters:
IQ PARTNERS is an Executive Search & Recruitment firm supporting clients across the country. We help companies hire better, hire less & retain more. We have specialist teams of recruiters in Technology (IT), Accounting and Finance, Consumer Goods, eCommerce and Retail, Financial Services and Insurance, Startup, B2B and Industrial, Operations and HR, Professional Services and Legal, Media, Digital and Marketing, Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences, Emerging Technology and Telecom, and Sales. IQ PARTNERS has its head office in Toronto and operates internationally via Aravati Global Search Network. Click here to view current job openings and to register with us.
Mark leads Canada’s largest Marketing Communications & Media recruitment practice. Leveraging close to two decades of industry experience in the Marketing Services and Agency businesses, he has been responsible for hiring, developing, and retaining top talent as Vice-President with companies such as Young & Rubicam, Wunderman, and J. Walter Thompson.