Are you looking for a new project? Perhaps you’re considering a career move? Or you may be thinking ahead and want to position yourself effectively amid the large pool of marketing talent. Either way, if you want to get noticed, LinkedIn is a great place to start, and there are a lot of creative ways for you to improve your LinkedIn presence and stand out from the crowd. It’s also easier than you think. All it takes is a little time and effort, and you can vastly improve your LinkedIn presence.
Why Improve Your LinkedIn Profile Presence?
For starters, you work in an industry where people know how to market themselves, making it imperative that you do the same if you want to get noticed. Here are some other important reasons to improve your profile:
- Generate employment leads
- Attract recruiters
- Promote your professional brand
- Attract opportunities passively
Creative Ways to Get Noticed on LinkedIn
1. Write an enticing headline: Your headline is your hook, so make it memorable. Write something that is interesting and memorable. Avoid generic terms and phrases – they will get lost in the shuffle.
2. Take advantage of status updates: Put some thought into what you share in your status updates. Think about creative ways to promote yourself and your personal brand. Share your blog posts and interesting news that will encourage others to engage with you.
3. Include a call to action: Want people to contact you? Make it clear you are open to new opportunities by including a call to action in your profile summary.
4. Publish articles: LinkedIn allows you to publish articles directly on the platform. Take advantage! Just click the “write an article” button below the status update section. It’s a great way to promote your marketing talents, strategies, views, and more. Plus, it can also help your spread awareness for your personal brand as people can read, share, and comment.
5. Join marketing-related groups: One of the most underutilized functions of LinkedIn is Groups. There are thousands of groups you can join just within the marketing industry alone. Joining these groups allow you to enter the conversation, gain access to articles and insights, and network with other marketing professionals.
More LinkedIn Tips and Tricks
IQ PARTNERS is an Executive Search & Recruitment firm supporting clients across the country. We help companies hire better, hire less & retain more. We have specialist teams of recruiters in Financial Services & Insurance, Marketing Communications & Media, Emerging Tech & Telecom, Consumer Goods & Retail, B2B & Industrial, Technology, Accounting & Finance, HR & Operations and Mining & Engineering. IQ PARTNERS has its head office in Toronto and operates internationally via Aravati Global Search Network. Click here to view current job openings and to register with us.