Although COVID-19 has changed the way we operate internally, we continue to deliver best-in-class
Find out how we are supporting both clients and candidates at this time.
Are you looking for a new project? Perhaps you’re considering a career move? Or you may be thinking ahead and want to position yourself effectively amid the large pool of marketing talent. Either way, if you want to get noticed, LinkedIn is a great place to start, and there are a lot of creative ways for you to improve your LinkedIn presence and stand out from the crowd. It’s also easier than you think. All it takes is a little time and effort, and you can vastly improve your LinkedIn presence.
For starters, you work in an industry where people know how to market themselves, making it imperative that you do the same if you want to get noticed. Here are some other important reasons to improve your profile:
1. Write an enticing headline: Your headline is your hook, so make it memorable. Write something that is interesting and memorable. Avoid generic terms and phrases – they will get lost in the shuffle.
2. Take advantage of status updates: Put some thought into what you share in your status updates. Think about creative ways to promote yourself and your personal brand. Share your blog posts and interesting news that will encourage others to engage with you.
3. Include a call to action: Want people to contact you? Make it clear you are open to new opportunities by including a call to action in your profile summary.
4. Publish articles: LinkedIn allows you to publish articles directly on the platform. Take advantage! Just click the “write an article” button below the status update section. It’s a great way to promote your marketing talents, strategies, views, and more. Plus, it can also help your spread awareness for your personal brand as people can read, share, and comment.
5. Join marketing-related groups: One of the most underutilized functions of LinkedIn is Groups. There are thousands of groups you can join just within the marketing industry alone. Joining these groups allow you to enter the conversation, gain access to articles and insights, and network with other marketing professionals.
IQ PARTNERS is an Executive Search & Recruitment firm supporting clients across the country. We help companies hire better, hire less & retain more. We have specialist teams of recruiters in Financial Services & Insurance, Marketing Communications & Media, Emerging Tech & Telecom, Consumer Goods & Retail, B2B & Industrial, Technology, Accounting & Finance, HR & Operations and Mining & Engineering. IQ PARTNERS has its head office in Toronto and operates internationally via Aravati Global Search Network. Click here to view current job openings and to register with us.
Catherine Lund helps lead IQ PARTNERS as Sr. Director, Client Services and specializes in recruiting for integrated, digital, and eCommerce roles. She is an avid networker and proven business development and marketing professional who has placed mid to senior level professionals across Toronto.