Thinking about making a career move in 2017? Most people are, even if they are happy in their current role. If you are going to make a move, it makes sense that you want to work for a leading Canadian organization and companies that have a good track record for creating high levels of employee engagement.
Good news for you – The Aon Best Employers in Canada study provides you with some insights into the companies you should consider in 2017.
Top Large Companies to Work for in 2017
Prefer to work for large organizations? This year, 30 companies achieved platinum level – meaning that, on average, 80% of employees are engaged. Here are the companies that made the list:
- Aecon Group Inc.
- Allstate Insurance Company of Canada
- ATB Financial
- Bennett Jones LLP
- Birchwood Automotive Group
- Canadian Apartment Property Real Estate Investment Trust (CAPREIT)
- CIMA+ Partenaire de génie
- Cintas Canada Limited
- Clark Builders
- Cossette Communication Inc.
- Davis Automotive Group Ltd.
- Dilawri’s CROWN Auto Group
- Edward Jones
- EllisDon Corporation
- Equitable Bank
- Farm Credit Canada
- Federal Express Canada Ltd.
- Intact Financial Corporation
- Keg Restaurants Ltd.
- Libro Credit Union
- Maritime Travel
- Marriott Hotels of Canada
- MNP LLP
- Mouvement Desjardins
- OpenRoad Auto Group Ltd.
- PCL Construction
- Polygon Security Inc. (Viking, Fireflex, SCS)
- SAP Canada Inc.
- Stikeman Elliott LLP
- The Co-operators
Top Small and Medium Sized Businesses to Work for in 2017
Like the idea of working for a smaller company where you can have more impact? This year, 28 companies achieved platinum level, including:
- Addenda Capital Inc.
- Assomption Vie
- BlueShore Financial
- Canadian Internet Registration Authority
- CBCI TELECOM CANADA INC
- College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta
- DevFacto Technologies
- DLGL Technologies Corporation
- Financière des professionnels
- GEF Seniors Housing
- Grantek Systems Integration
- Habanero Consulting Group
- Innovation Place
- ISL Engineering and Land Services
- Jayman BUILT Group of Companies
- Medgate Inc.
- Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada, Inc.
- National Leasing
- NorWest Co-op Community Health
- OPTIMUS – SBR Inc.
- RLB LLP
- Ryan, ULC
- Solutions 2 GO Inc.
- Solvera Solutions
- The Berkeley Retirement Residences
- Trisura Guarantee Insurance Company
Learn more about the Aon Best Employers study.
More Career Advice
Get more career tips and advice by reading the following blog posts by our expert headhunters:
IQ PARTNERS is an Executive Search & Recruitment firm supporting clients across the country. We help companies hire better, hire less & retain more. We have specialist teams of recruiters in Financial Services & Insurance, Marketing Communications & Media, Emerging Tech & Telecom, Consumer Goods & Retail, B2B & Industrial, Technology, Accounting & Finance, HR & Operations and Mining & Engineering. IQ PARTNERS has its head office in Toronto and operates internationally via Aravati Global Search Network. Click here to view current job openings and to register with us.