Most people want to find that full-time job they can rely upon. However, typical 9-5 marketing jobs are not as common as they once were. (No, we are not saying they are going anywhere – things are just evolving with the times.) As one of the most innovative and ever-changing industries, marketing careers, roles, and responsibilities are changing just as fast as new technologies come to market.
For marketing professionals, this means becoming more flexible and expanding the type of marketing jobs they are willing to consider. Whether you have just finished school and are entering the job market, are a seasoned marketing professional, or are even a marketing executive, a marketing job does not always mean a full-time position anymore.
The good news is there are many opportunities for marketers in all industries, and with companies of all shapes and sizes around the world.
Flexible Marketing Career Options
- Freelance marketer: Rather than working for a single company, why not work for multiple companies and take on a variety of projects?
- Marketing contractor: Many companies hire marketers on a contract basis for a specific period of time or for a specific project – such as a product launch or SEO campaign.
- Part time marketing: Companies are increasingly hiring outside marketing professionals and agencies to work on a part-time basis.
- Temporary full time: Temporary full-time positions are more common today for marketers. You could be hired to fill a mat leave, leave of absence or to manage a specific marketing project.
- Remote or online positions: Avoid the commute and work from home. Many companies are hiring marketers to work remotely and telecommute and connect via video chat.
The beauty of taking on these roles is that you can take on one or more positions simultaneously. You will also have more flexibility in the type of companies you work for and the type of work you do.
The drawback is that you will need to be regularly seeking out new opportunities as your current roles change over time.
More Marketing Career Advice
Get more advice from our marketing recruiters about how to find the best jobs in your industry. Check out these insightful blog posts:
IQ PARTNERS is an Executive Search & Recruitment firm supporting clients across the country. We help companies hire better, hire less & retain more. We have specialist teams of recruiters in Financial Services & Insurance, Marketing Communications & Media, Emerging Tech & Telecom, Consumer Goods & Retail, B2B & Industrial, Technology, Accounting & Finance, HR & Operations and Mining & Engineering. IQ PARTNERS has its head office in Toronto and operates internationally via Aravati Global Search Network. Click here to view current job openings and to register with us.